+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Fish Tales fish tacos

Two cold pieces of fish smothered in cheese inside two COLD STIFF flour tortillas.....bleeeccchhhh.

Sand Dollars
    Sounds yummy. lol

The food in OC is really getting to be ho hum lately. All the same, and not much stands out. It's becoming a "bar food" town.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    That's sad to hear. Hopefully, it was just an isolated incident. I've had the fish tacos at Fish Tales at least three times in the last few years, and each time, they were great.

Sand Dollars
    Fish Tales is one of my favorite places but I wouldn't think of eating there. It's basically Sysco or Food Pro food doctored by their "cooks." It's not bad food. Just basic bar food.
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    I can't say I surprised, I gave up on this place years ago...
    people standing in line for hours waiting for tables to eat mediocre (at best) food - never made sense to me. *shrug*

You want a good fish taco? Head to Fishkillers on rt 26. (inland about 5 miles off Rt 1) Worth the drive!!!

Sand Dollars
    I've never had a fish taco at Fish Tales, in fact, I've never had a fish taco anywhere. But I have had steamed shrimp at Fish Tales many times & it was delicious. My husband usually gets a flounder sandwich, which he has always liked. And we split an order of French fries, they've always been good. While there we've never heard anyone complain about the food. We've been going there for too many years to remember.

Sand Dollars
    OP here....sooooo, I go to my friend Trip Advisor. Saw alot of fish taco gripes, one mirrored my own.

Sand Dollars
    Fish Tacos the last time I had them ( May 1st) were pretty good. The seafood burrito as well but did miss the normal salsa they usually have with it.
    I wouldn't consider Fish Tales food as "bar food". Is it the best in OC, no but far from bar food.

Sand Dollars
    I have never had bad food a fishtales. We eat there almost every year. I like that they usually change their menu up a little every year. The spicy Thai fried shrimp are awesome. Never had bad service there either, come to think about it. A bit on the expensive side, especially for drinks, but it is OC.

Sand Dollars
    I really like the Fish Tales wraps, which are really good shrimp salad wraps.

The drinks can be a little pricey there, but it's one of those places where you pay a little extra for the view.