Thread: Cruisin Weekend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainsPricey106 View Post
    Yes, it's going to be a zoo this weekend....
    Ugggghhhhh!!!

I am hoping to be able to take my kids down to the air show. Last year I didn't have much trouble getting down there. (I am coming from 136th).

Sand Dollars
    We'll be coming from West OC. We'll probably leave the house in the morning to try to find parking somewhere around 15th-20th, get breakfast, then find a spot on the beach.

If parking is too tough, there's always the bus.

Either way, looking forward to this weekend.

Sand Dollars
    My post on "ricer" was the definition as found in the dictionary. I was not trying to spin anything!! And I could care less about the HP. But, nowhere did I see anything say anything about it be racist.....

Sand Dollars
    This is the definition I've always considered. By the way, my asian kids don't consider the term ricer to be racist. They consider the 'ricer culture' to be offensive to common sensibility just as much as I find the 'rollin coal' culture to be offensive to common sensibility too.

When a moron (see: retard, dumbass) decides to take a car (foreign or domestic) and tries to make it look fast. The car will not really gain any hp or performance, but it will gain numerous stickers and yellow paint. It can be identified by one of the following:
    1. The sound of a loud fart in a coffee can.
    2. The yellow blob with a bookshelf on the trunk that is 1/4 mile behind real cars.
    3. A Honda that has "performance mods" such as stickers, seat harnesses, and a fire extinguisher in full view (just in case the things catches on fire when it hits 40 mph).
    4. A driver who claims his car has 100hp per liter but will not fess up to the fact that his car has a total of 43 ft/lbs of torque.
    5. A driver installs a fake NOS tank (Pronounced: NAAAAWWWWS)
    6. Synonymous with the term Poser

The stories from a past life as an inspection mechanic I could tell of some of these "Harmless Modifications" I've seen done.

Several years ago, the next town over, Hanover had a problem on Eisenhower Drive with street races. It was horrible to take the street rod or muscle car over there to eat dinner (We don't patronize Gettysburg eateries so as to avoid the tourists), without getting 'harassed' by these people in these cars. Literally got boxed in by 5 of these and they were revving their engines trying to goad me into a race. Then a few years later, the rollin coal trucks showed up. Eisenhower Drive is a mess to get around with these 2 idiotic sub-cultures acting like "Yahoos" 9 out of 10 times, you'll see a race happen. Just walk out of Lowe's at 8:30 pm and you can watch one go by. If you're real lucky you'll see a fight happen between a coaler and a ricer because the coaler won the race.

Just a sample of the street scene route
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE6Az5vC84o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCNf-zno1uk Horrible quality

You'll see a few cops, but they won't do anything unless they hear tire squeal
    Last edited by Bob Hall; 06-10-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainsPricey106 View Post
    Yes, it's going to be a zoo this weekend....
    I would ask you to please show some sensitivity - My dog was next to me when I opened this page, and found the term "zoo" to be racist! It's a word meant to describe people, acting poorly, and thus is offensive to animals..............

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    I would ask you to please show some sensitivity - My dog was next to me when I opened this page, and found the term "zoo" to be racist! It's a word meant to describe people, acting poorly, and thus is offensive to animals..............

ROFLMAO!! Dean wit. Very funny.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I never said "ricer' was over the top PC. I said the entire world is over the top PC. Anyway, I believe this thread is played out except for one more point. "Crotch Rocket" questions your masculinity because it could mean that your crotch has rocketed away? That May or May Not be the biggest reach in history. I thought they were called Crotch rockets because they are so fast it is like having a rocket attached to your crotch. If the masculinity issue is the real reason then I must be waaaay out of the loop. Age does that to us!!

Sand Dollars
    Dude I was joking. This forum is full of people who take everything way too seriously.