+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Air Show Weekend

Hello All,

For the first time, I'll be in Ocean City for their annual Air Show weekend.

Does anybody recommend a good place to get the best view of everything?

Sand Dollars
    Air Show central is right around 15th Street. The blocks right around here are blocked off fo piad tickets in the Drop Zone, but any place between 10th and 20th Street is great viewing

Sand Dollars
    Agreed with OCGuy. But get there and get your spot EARLY! Bring your chairs, coolers, umbrellas, etc and get set up asap. It will get crowded quick. And parking will be impossible by 9 a.m. or even earlier.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy View Post
    Air Show central is right around 15th Street. The blocks right around here are blocked off fo piad tickets in the Drop Zone, but any place between 10th and 20th Street is great viewing
    I'd go further to say the entire boardwalk provides great viewing. Last year we were on 27th and had a great view.

What is interesting is that last year I had forgotten about the air show. I went with the family to Five Guys at 66th the day of the air show. While eating I had a WTF moment when a jet flew by and shook the building. It was going up the coastline. That triggered my memory about the air show and drove down to 27th to watch it.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Agreed with OCGuy. But get there and get your spot EARLY! Bring your chairs, coolers, umbrellas, etc and get set up asap. It will get crowded quick. And parking will be impossible by 9 a.m. or even earlier.
    Just to provide an alternate opinion . I got to the air show late last year. I parked near 27th. Walked to the Boardwalk and didn't find that it was too crowded. We were able to sit on a bench.

Sand Dollars
    It does get packed. 2012 there wasn't even room to stand on the boards near 17th street. We stay right there. What a zoo for 2013 too. This year's show is going to be their biggest I think. The beach will be packed at 10.
    I just hope the city in general will not be too bad. It is also the start of senior weeks, and the OC car and truck show. 2012 was not bad with the seniors. 2013 was a whole other animal. The OC car and truck show had some rapping, pants holding up, jumping around on stage so called superstar performing at the convention center. That in turn brought in all the low life within a 100 mile radius or as far as their 1987 primer and bondo covered buick with 3000 dollar rims got them to the OC area. They were not patronizing the businesses, nor staying in the hotel's or motels. All they did was hang out in the street, and cause trouble. I have never seen it that bad. Going to check on the car and truck show website to see what so called super star animal they have this year...

Sand Dollars
    Just checked out the OC car and truck show's website and Facebook page....ya it's going to be a zoo. Hopefully the police are on their game that weekend.

Sand Dollars
    Thanks everyone. We're in West OC, so we might take the Park and Ride to avoid any possible parking hassle.

Sand Dollars
    Park and Ride is usually a great choice for events like this. Even if you manage to make it INTO town, it can get very hairy getting out of and around town, especially south of 33rd street.

God forbid someone who likes rap music and invested in their car stereo comes to hang out in Ocean City... it's a shame other people have different values and lifestyles yet they aren't acceptable to you. It's the beach. Everyone is welcome.

And Senior Week for shore schools is this week. Next week is Senior Week for the rest of MD/VA/PA/DC.

Sand Dollars
    Sa, I have absolutely no problem with anyone who comes to hang out in OC.... it's how they behave. I was there for the airshow in 2012, and didn't see any lewd and raucous behavior from the seniors. 2013 was just bad. Also look up the crime stats from the airshow weekend in 2013. 6 car jackings in one weekend? That is rediculous...34 strong arm robberies....126 assaults. Its the type of people who create the atomosphere. What I saw with them hanging out on 18th street all night was plain out disgusting. Groping every girl that walked by, and when they did get 2 girls to stop, the one animal unpacked his junk and swung it around for her right in the street. She kicked him. That was funny, but none the less disgusting.
    I don't don't care what type of people visit OC, but patronize the businesses, respect other people and families, and behave like humans. There are people who come to hang out all season in OC who have money invested in their cars and stereos that don't cause problems....