Thread: Transportation

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Post Transportation

I am planning on staying in what is called "West OC" in July. I know bus service runs up and down coastal highway, but is there bus service connecting to "West OC"? Thanks Everyone.

Sand Dollars
    The Ocean City park and ride is locate just before the draw bridge. You can purchase an all day in and out for $3 unless prices have changed. They also pickup passengers at the White Marlin Outlet Mall.

Sand Dollars
    You would have to drive to the park n ride on 50 and get the shuttle. It's pretty much a pain in the arse hauling beach stuff on a bus with crowds, etc. Not the way I like going to the beach.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I am with ZO6RL on that one. If it's a must that you stay in west OC, leave all your beach gear in your vehicle for the week, drive over to OC and park on a side street. You could even go to assateaque island. It is maybe a 15 minute longer ride, and they have rest rooms since you won't be within walking distance to your place. Not many restaurants near the beach let non customers the restrooms. There are public restrooms on the beach in OC, but parking near those areas of the beach probably is scarce especiallyon a weekend when all the day beach bums take over.

Sand Dollars
    We stay in West OC, and we do tend to keep all the chairs, umbrella, etc in the trunk during the trip. We can usually find parking around 9th - 12th St somewhere.

Sand Dollars
    Also, if you are at hotel, motel, or campground in West OC, many of them offer free shuttle bus service to OC in season.

Sand Dollars
    There are public restrooms in OC, but no public shower and changing stations. So you''ll be riding back salty.
    Ask an OC Insider