+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    There are not many safer places to be in Ocean City late night than Seacrets. I would rather my 21 year old daughter and friends be coming back from Seacrets than walking the boards at that time of night. The amount of security and police presence that they request and receive makes it very safe. By shear numbers alone there may be some police calls but your post comparing deLizard's problem with what you perceive is a Seacrets problem seems a bit judgmental and borders on profiling. This thread was about Freddie's taking over de Lizard because of underage drinking. You would be hardpressed to find the last time Seacrets served to a minor.

Sand Dollars
    I agree with DeMan, Seacrets is a tight run ship...

Sand Dollars
    I'm not going to waste my energy in an internet argument.

All I know is that it seems like every summer, I read stories about a fight or somebody caught with a knife at Seacrets.

http://oceancitymd.gov/Police/press/...ng%20Fight.pdf

Granted, this story is from 2008. If they've cleaned things up in recent years, more power to them.

I'm also not a fan of overly crowded clubs with overpriced drinks, loud EDM/pop/techno music, and loud college age students. So, there's plenty of other establishments in Ocean City where I feel my money will be better spent.

Sand Dollars
    Kds53098, you do know Seacrets has more than one bar area or venue? http://seacrets.com/#venues

Now do I go there late at night, not really. I enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere but Seacrets since it draws thousands a night will eventually get your bad apples.

You can get you idiots at a small bar to a night club. That's not Seacrets fault.

Sand Dollars
    I know there's plenty to of places inside Seacrets. And to be honest, I'm even willing to give the place a try during the day when things are a little more laid back, and you can float on a tube in the Bay.

I know it's really not Seacrets's fault that they have some issues. I was just using them as an example as a comparison.

Say something bad about Paul Revere's or The Dough Roller, nobody bats an eyelash. Say something bad about Seacrets, and everybody loses their minds!!! (That's a jokey reference to The Dark Knight BTW, I'm not serious).

Sand Dollars
    kds...I didn't mean to come down so hard on you. Although I go there quite often in season and off season I have no stake in the place. It is not for everyone. I thought your original post was comparing Seacrets to deLizard for serving minors. I was trying to point out that Seacrets has a reputation of doing the opposite. I know of people that were of age and couldn't get in do to their stringent ID requirements. Sorry if I came on too strong.

Sand Dollars
    It's alright DeMan.

But no, I wasn't making the comparison on serving minors.

In fact, I don't know how any establishment would be dumb enough to serve alcohol to minors...especially in Ocean City, where they really crack down on it.

I think it was late summer 2010 when Davey Jones Locker was caught serving minors. They never recovered and shut their doors prior to the 2013 season.

And De Lazy Lizard looked like they had a good thing going in a great location. My fiance and I stopped there late one April afternoon last year and had a great time enjoying a cocktail on the Bay.

Sand Dollars
    The Lizard always had piss poor management, Dead Freddie's knows marketing.... Neither will ever be in the same league as Seacrets.

but, if you threw the Lizard, Dead Freddie's, & Seacrets, in a bag, and shook it up - Your chances of pulling out a good "restaurant" would be ~ zero!

Sand Dollars
    Should either be nominated in the Worst OC Food thread?

Other than jerk chicken at Seacrets (which was pretty good), I've never eaten at either.

Sand Dollars
    The Lizard was set for failure the day it opened. Maybe now somebody will make a good place out of it.