+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Worst food in OC.

I don't think there a worst food thread on here yet, so a question to everyone is, what is the worst place you ever ate at in OC. This ought to get interesting.....

Mine would have to be Paul Revere's first, and English's second. Those are our only bad experiences in OC. Between the food and the atmosphere is what makes me never want to go there again. English's is closed now, maybe something good will take over.

Sand Dollars
    One of the things I most look forward to when going to the beach is eating.

I can honestly say there's only one bad meal that I can recall in all the meals I've had there. And that was the infamous Paul Revere. Went once. Will never go back. It's a total tourist trap.

Sand Dollars

Thumbs up Philips

Philips Buffet. The serve repackaged fried food, in old oil and over cooked to boot. Occasionally we will have friends down that just have to go there. YUCK. This is just a nasty tourist spot. I have had a condo in OC for 15 years. I don't know any OC regular that would go to that place.

Sand Dollars
    I'd have to go with Paul Revere followed by Philips. Eat at Paul Revere and you'll quickly learn how far apart the restrooms are on the boardwalk. Philips is way overpriced and the food was not good. Like the previous post said, over cooked and recycled.

Sand Dollars
    Phillips tops my list. Can't even tolerate the smell. Jonah and the Whale is just as bad. Paul Revere's has its purpose when it comes to feeding families who need to feed a lot of kids on a budget, so I'll leave that one off my list. Pizza Tugos is way up on my list of bad, never again places. And while I'll get flamed for this........Shark on the Harbor SUCKED when we went. Bad bad service, crappy food, hubby got deathly sick. Another one we'll never return to.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars

Worst Food in OC

1. Jonah and the Whale.-----ew. food seemed like it was not fresh, really old and over cooked. Gross.

2. Captains Galley---this place used to be great in the 80s. Maybe even 90s. Last year, we went for dinner and the portions were small, expensive and the crab cake and crab augratin gave us horrible stomach issues that were not pretty. I won't elaborate but lets just say we fought for the bathroom.

3 Fractured Prune.-----don't slam me on this, but last year we tried the FP on the boardwalk for the first time and the donuts were sopping with oil. Ugh.

Sand Dollars
    Somewhat surprisingly, in the last eight years, I've noticed that the most polarizing food item discussed on this forum seems to be pizza.

I would've thought it would be seafood, but I've seen a lot of strong opinions about pizza places in OC.

Tugo's, Tony's, and The Dough Roller have all racked up a lot of negative posts. I happen to like greasy NY style pizza, so I tend to like all three of these places.

The worst pizza I've had there actually came from a place I really like - Ember's Buffett. The things I avoid at the Ember's are their pizza and their crab imperial.

Sand Dollars
    The Shark sucked? That's something I've never heard before.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    Somewhat surprisingly, in the last eight years, I've noticed that the most polarizing food item discussed on this forum seems to be pizza.

I would've thought it would be seafood, but I've seen a lot of strong opinions about pizza places in OC.

Tugo's, Tony's, and The Dough Roller have all racked up a lot of negative posts. I happen to like greasy NY style pizza, so I tend to like all three of these places.

The worst pizza I've had there actually came from a place I really like - Ember's Buffett. The things I avoid at the Ember's are their pizza and their crab imperial.
    I knew I forgot one. I agree. The Dough Roller Pizza and food in general is horrible. Food is horrible, cost is crazy.

Sand Dollars
    To each their own, Krislynell.

Between Fractured Prune, Captain's Galley, and Dough Roller, I guess we won't be running into each other at the beach. LOL.