+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sand Dollars
    Just got back from Easter Weekend in OC. Tried the OC Brewing Co on Saturday night and loved it. The beer is quite good, nice "German Beer Hall" feel, solid food choices, good service. I, too, am looking forward to the smoking ban...not only will I not have to put up with smoke in the face, but I think the beach should be cleaner without the cigarette butts. I am also looking forward to the Sundaes in the Park concerts, and I plan on getting tix to a few of the Freeman Stage Concerts in Fenwick. The line-up looks pretty awesome this year.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to spending more time in OC. My wife and kids are going to spend the summer in OC, and I will be down on the weekends--this is the first time we are trying a full summer in OC, so we'll see how it goes.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainsPricey106 View Post
    Same here...hopefully there isn't a government shutdown like 2013. There wasn't any military planes. 2012 was awesome. We will be in town from Thursday to Monday. Staying one block away from show center at the Spinnaker. Also hope to get some fishing in. If not during that weekend, then in august when we are there for a week.
    No sequester cuts this year. Plus we are getting the Navy's Blue Angels

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by montegoman View Post
    Just got back from Easter Weekend in OC. Tried the OC Brewing Co on Saturday night and loved it. The beer is quite good, nice "German Beer Hall" feel, solid food choices, good service. I, too, am looking forward to the smoking ban...not only will I not have to put up with smoke in the face, but I think the beach should be cleaner without the cigarette butts. I am also looking forward to the Sundaes in the Park concerts, and I plan on getting tix to a few of the Freeman Stage Concerts in Fenwick. The line-up looks pretty awesome this year.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to spending more time in OC. My wife and kids are going to spend the summer in OC, and I will be down on the weekends--this is the first time we are trying a full summer in OC, so we'll see how it goes.
    I am waiting on my kids getting a little older to try them in OC all summer. Unfortunately both my wife and I work, but we are thinking that my mother or mother in law will stay with the kids during the summer and my wife and I can go on the weekends. (Thursday-Sunday) My wife can do 4 10 hour days and I can work from home (so I work from the beach house on Fridays) so we head down on Thursdays in the summer.

Sand Dollars
    Cobra, I sure hope there isn't any cuts....the blue angels are one of our main reasons for going. Also just decided to bring my wife's grandparents because her grandfather is a plane buff and navy veteran. He is 81 and not sure if he will ever see the beach again, and for him to see the airshow would be great.

Sand Dollars
    Plains...that is awesome....he will love the show. Make sure you check out special appearances by the Navy pilots and Seal jumpers if they are back this year. They show up for appearances at sponsoring restaurants and other venues the nights before the show. If you can, introduce your father in law. A buddy of mine was a Navy Seal 35-40 years ago and met the jumpers at I believe Cowboys last year. He drank all night for free and these guys invited him to hang out with them all weekend. They love meeting old Navy guys......not just Seals.

Sand Dollars
    DeMan, that sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks!!

Sand Dollars

How to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    If you sign up for their daily email deal, you can get Jolly Roger wrist bands for half off which will save a ton of $$.
    www.halfoffathebeach/ocean-city-md You'll find a lot of meal deals as well. Been using them for years and have never been sorry.
    Ok ZO6RL, I cant seem to find answers on their faq page but do you print out the coupons you get or can you use them straight from your smart phone? I'm interested but want to be sure I know what I'm doing.....

As for what I'm looking forward to.....stress relief! It seems the stress of everyday life disapears as we drive over the bridge into OC and a huge wave of relief and excitement hit us!

As for food, Fishers Popcorn, Thrashers fries, stroll on the boards and breakfast at The Satelite on 20th? Gotta love their beach named breakfasts. Oh and putting my feet in the sand and fishing.....I could go on and on. Lol

Sand Dollars
    You print them off at home. I don't have a smart phone, so I can't say if you can do it that way or not. Todays specials are $15 for a Trimpers ride all day wristband and half off a ride on the OC Rocket.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars

Red face

looking forward to everything

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra617 View Post
    I am waiting on my kids getting a little older to try them in OC all summer. Unfortunately both my wife and I work, but we are thinking that my mother or mother in law will stay with the kids during the summer and my wife and I can go on the weekends. (Thursday-Sunday) My wife can do 4 10 hour days and I can work from home (so I work from the beach house on Fridays) so we head down on Thursdays in the summer.
    Our kids are now all over the age of 5, so my wife is going to try to do it alone from Monday through Thursday. We have them signed up for some of the OC Camps, and my 8 year-old daughter is going to be on the Ocean Pines Swim Team. My 15 year old got a job as a bus boy, so I think everyone will keep pretty busy. I get out of work around noon on Friday and plan on driving back to PA on Monday mornings. I am really looking forward to it, and we'll see how it goes!