+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Sand Dollars

Holiday Inn Oceanfront

I was in OC with my family for a couple of days after Christmas. we stayed at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront at 67th Street .I've stayed there before, and once again it was excellent and the price was very reasonable - It was just under $60/night before taxes, and all of the other places I checked were about twice that. Our room was clean, up to date, and the staff was very frinedly. My kids also were pleased with the WiFi service, which they cannot seem to live without...

As I metioned in another post, we tried the on site restaurant, A Taste of Italy. It was also very good. We were there for lunch and had sandwiches, pizzas, and a pasta dish. All were excellent and reasonably priced. I generally avoid restaurants in hotels, but will definitely return here.

Not too much in this post, but I thought I'd share the review, and I also wanted to bump the negative thread that has been at the top of this group down off the main page...

Sand Dollars
    We always enjoy that hotel, but never cared for Reflections (the previous restaurant). We're anxious to try the new one since good Italian food is at a premium in OC.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I like this Hotel as well - in the summer they always have entertainment out by the pool, and the whole pool par/patio area, is a pretty cool place to spend a day - matter of fact, (believe it or not) it's kinda a locals hang out.

Sand Dollars
    And free bananas! LOL
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    And free bananas! LOL
    and hammocks!
    (both are good, ya just don't wanna see the 2 things combined! )

Sand Dollars
    Take a moonlit stroll on the beach by night , play in the surf by day or simply relax by our large pool overlooking the beach and our lush, tropical garden with its hammock oasis; it's a great way to spend a sunny afternoon.

Sand Dollars
    I enjoyed several of the free bananas!

Sand Dollars
    Just posting this to bump the OC is horrible tread off the main page...

Sand Dollars
    Even though I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn, my hotel of choice is the Beach Plaza Hotel, I am all for bumping that thread off the main page.

Sand Dollars
    Beachda - I too like the Beach Plaza, especially with its recently renovated rooms. I often recommend it to the to people. The big challenge for the Beach Plaza is that its rooms lack balconies an the property does not have a pool, two features many people are looking for. However, it is a great location with plenty of parking and is reasonably priced for a nice oceanfront place.