+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

General's Kitchen

Anyone heard anything on General's Kitchen recently? I drove past there in December and it was closed with nothing indicating any movement/relocation plans. I hope they find a place to relocate to in OC...either that or find a way to stay in their current location.

Sand Dollars
    They will not be returning to their present location. I was in there last month and the manager told me the owner pulled the lease (I think he said for a friend that wanted to get into the restaurant business). So someone will be there. He was confident that they would be open at a new location this spring and said they are in the final stages of negotiating the lease, but he could not tell me where that was for confidential reasons. I will keep my eyes open. Love their chipped beef.

Sand Dollars
    I'd keep your eyes open around the 66th st area....

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ImightKnow View Post
    I'd keep your eyes open around the 66th st area....
    Thanks for the tip!

Sand Dollars
    When there was discussion of demolishing the hotel, General’s Kitchen moved to its current location on 74th Street in the early 1980s. Previously, it was home to a bank.

Sand Dollars
    Imightknow....sounds like you DID know...lol. Generals is moving in with Galaxy 66. Interesting move.

Sand Dollars
    Yes. General's Kitchen will occupy the first floor of Galaxy 66 on 66th St, and Galaxy will be the Skye Bar and upper floors. Not sure how they're going to work that all out (new entrances?) but should be a good location for them. And it should actually draw more people to GK because everyone who goes to Galaxy will find GK and maybe want to try it.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Z....in the Dispatch article it states that it will be a Joint Venture which means that Galaxy 66 may have a piece of General's Kitchen. I don't think 66 offers breakfast....not sure about lunch, so it should be an easy transition. Sounds like a win win.

Sand Dollars
    No, I know. I just meant that there is a bar on the first floor of Galaxy and you have to go through the first floor past the bar and up the steps to get to the Skye Bar. With General's Kitchen in there, I doubt they want a bar present or want people going through their restaurant to get to the Skye Bar. Just thinking aloud that they may remodel (or maybe already have) to address those two issues.
    Or could be it's not an issue at all.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I think there is now actually an exterior entrance to a rear staircase that leads to the Skybar allowing one to get up there without going through the restaurant.