+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dogs on the boards

We bring our dog with us on vacation every October, and yes, we take him on the boardwalk. He enjoys people watching as much as we do. I do not allow my dog to "do his business" on the boards, and I do clean up after him. I have been known to clean up after other dogs whose owners are apparently too ignorant to do it themselves.

Nothing irritates me more than an owner who doesn't take responsiblity for their pets. It's not that difficult to be a good dog owner. Take a supply of plastic grocery bags and cheap sandwich bags with you. There are plenty of trash receptacles available.

So please, don't lump all dog owners together. Some of us do care about those around us and try to make sure our animals aren't a nuisance to others.

Sand Dollars

Dogs on the Boardwalk

Gail,
    I wish more people like you come to visit O.C.- believe me when I say, it was a messy stay for us. It's people that don't clean up after their pets that make it impossible for us to bring our dogs anywhere. I saw people bringing their dog's on the beach and letting them do their business in the sand without picking up after them.

My dog is only 8lbs. and is easy to clean up after, but some of the dogs are quite big and these are the one's that were running around on the boardwalk and beach. It's a shame.

Once again....thanks for letting me blow off steam.

...Anne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

dingus khan
    Sand Dollars
    Originally posted by sandycheeks:
    Why must you bring your dog on the boardwalk anyway? I say leave Fido at home.
    I wish people woould leave their stupid kids at home!