+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    If HO would come here on H2O weekend, heshe would enjoy the hell out of it!!! JMO
    Last edited by highball; 09-29-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    8 posts later, and we still have no idea WHERE you stayed, or WHERE you ate - if you feel so strongly about wanting things to change, then why not call out the places SPECIFICALLY (ya know? like by name??) that you patronized, so they could have a chance to address your concerns? And maybe even take action, to correct the problems??

As far as the beach goes, the town recently banned smoking on the beach, and boardwalk, so already every visitor should see immediate improvements in regards to beach cleanliness next summer...
    That is because HO is a troll. He/She came here for the sole purpose of getting people stirred up.
    First clue is that there are zero specifics. None.
    Second clue is that the comments are completely inflammatory.
    Third is the poor grammar. (Seems to be a common thread with trolls)

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra617 View Post
    That is because HO is a troll. He/She came here for the sole purpose of getting people stirred up.
    First clue is that there are zero specifics. None.
    Second clue is that the comments are completely inflammatory.
    Third is the poor grammar. (Seems to be a common thread with trolls)
    Please read post #23,

Sand Dollars
    I was going to comment but I see the original posters is no longer around...Just a fake

Sand Dollars
    Hapnstance?

Sand Dollars
    He forgot to mention all the tacky tshirt shops on the boards, the annoying seagulls, the Friday and Saturday traffic, kids and adults alike having fun and relaxing on the beach, people watching on the boards, not being able to decide where to eat for dinner, and many other things about OC. That's what makes OC the best beach resort on the east coast.
    I have been taking my family to OC for 6 years now ( 9 trips total), and have never had a bad experience. The only time I thought it was a little out of hand was the 2013 air show weekend. But that was the air show, senior week and a car show/hip hop concert all in 3 days. The only thing I didn't like was crowded it was on the boards.

Sand Dollars
    The room had a small kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, microwave. It came in very handy...we went out and bought stuff to make lunches with to save $$ and had a nice area to fix..

Sand Dollars
    Troll alert!!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    So, I know this topic is older but...I've been doing my homework on OC as this is the first year we will be heading there for a family vacation. I am really excited to bring my children and see what all there is to offer. In my research I've came across this forum and decided to do some reading and join. So, after reading this post I am happy to say I can't wait to get there even more! No troll will keep me away. I know every place will have some negative reviews but I couldn't find one named thing from the OP to back anything up. Everyone else that commented has backed up things I've read elsewhere as to how great OC can be! With that said, I can't wait to get there with my family in June and experience it ourselves and maybe make this a new destination for vacations. See you in June!!

Sand Dollars
    Hi Terry! Welcome to the forum and to Ocean City! At first, since this is your first visit, you're going to feel overwhelmed trying to see and do all you want to, but not being able to do it all will be what brings you back again and again. I HATED the ocean, even the idea of the ocean until my husband took me there 25 years ago when I was dealing with my mother's illness. I didn't want to go, but once there..................HOOKED!
    Have you sent for a free Visitor Guide yet? www.ococean.com/vacation-guide . And when you get into town, stop at the Convention Center on 40th St. There is a visitor center on the left side where you can pick up free coupons, newspapers, and discount books to help save a few dollars.
    And if you sign up for this site's email notices, you'll really find some great money savers. http://www.halfoffatthebeach.com/ocean-city-md . Sometimes they have half off of Jolly Roger Amusement Park wristbands, but you have to check them daily and grab the ones you like on that day. I've saved quite a bit on there and never had any problems using them. And have you checked to see if any events will be going on while you're there? June is one of the busiest months. Check www.ococean.com/events and also check out all of the free activities all summer (including June) on the same page. There are free movies on the beach, fireworks, laser light shows and concerts all summer long.
    I'm so excited for you! Hope you have a wonderful experience that leads to many, many more years of memories in OC.
    Last edited by Z06RL; 03-22-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    Ask an OC Insider