Thread: Boogie Boarding

+ Reply to Thread

Boogie Boarding

My husband and I are taking our three boys (12/10 and 7) to the Rehoboth, DE last week in August.
    A friend just told me that the waves for Boogie Boarding are much better in Ocean City. Should
    we try and change our plans and stay in Ocean City?? Thanks.....

HELL YEA HUNNIE!!!

Listen I am 16 years old and me and my family 'n friends all go down there every year. We have 22 people all together and 8 kids all together. WE LOVE THE BOOGIE BOARDING. The boogie boarding is great down in ocean city and all the kids feel the same. The boogie Boarding down there is pretty popular so ur kids wont look stpid being the only one in there with boogie boards(theres a lotta boogie borders)But not too many that u adults won't be able to enjoy the ocean. Its Perfect.Theres so much to do down in Ocean City that the whole family will love. Listen if I were you, I would change that destinatin to Ocean City, MD in a heartbeat. (And a Little Note:If your smart you wll change it today because the hotels very well may be booked, cause OC is a popular vacation site.) Hope I could be of some help.

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Boogie Boarding

Hello DJ1987,
    Don't change your plans just for boogie boarding. It will be one big hassle. Do a day trip or 2 to O.C. while you are there. Try the Indian River Inlet beach too. That's half way between Rehoboth beach & O.C. Changing your plans now will be costly. Try booking O.C. next year, but book in Dec. or Jan. for the summer or you will be out of luck. If you like it semi-quiet, stay in North O.C. as opposed to anything below 30th street.
    Good Luck! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hey i need help

yo i am goin to ocean city between the 15th and the 21st of july r there good waves there cause i love to boogie board so i was jus wondering i jus need to know if i am gonna boogie good or not

boogie boarding

July is usually okay for boogie boarding, not great but you'll catch a few good waves

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Boogie Boarding

Hello!
    It all depends on whether there are any storms out to sea. The waves are pretty good regardless but its not like surfing. Waves will always be better on the west coast. Also, boogie board on an incoming tide because the waves are stronger but also there is more chance of a rip current.

Boogie Boards can also be rented right on the beach so you don't have to buy a board before you go. If you try it out and like it, then you can always go spend the money on a board later.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]