+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Beach and Boardwalk view - Will pay extra for "clean"

Looking for a "CLEAN" hotel/motel for my elderly parents in September 2014. Balcony with good view of boardwalk and beach. Help?

Sand Dollars
    I am 62 and I will tell you my absolute FAVORITE place to stay in OC, especially off season. The Inn on the Ocean on 10th St. It is a bed and breakfast, ocean front on the boardwalk, but not in a noisy area. PRIVATE and ADULTS ONLY. And the best thing is, the younger crowd isn't into b&b's. The owners are wonderful, and serve a totally fresh, gourmet 3 course homemade breakfast each morning on the beautiful porch on white wicker furniture or in the lovely dining room if the weather is bad. And after breakfast the owners leave and you pretty much have the place to yourself aside from other guests, but there are only about 8 or 10 rooms total so not many. Each room is decorated differently than the next and each room has its own bath, some with jacuzzi tubs or spa showers. There is coffee or tea and usually a sweet or muffin available all the time. They provide beach chairs and bicycles to their guests as well. If it were my parents I wouldn't hesitate sending them there.
    www.innontheocean.com
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I love the Holiday Inn & Suites on 17th Street and the boardwalk. It is very clean, has incredible views, indoor/outdoor pools, a café, sit down restaurant, and room service.

Sand Dollars
    I'm a big fan of the Dunes Manor. It is one block north of the boardwalk and all its rooms are oceanfront with balconies. It also has a nice large front porch overlooking the beach with rocking chairs to enjoy the view from. My family has stayed there many times, and never been disappointed.

Sand Dollars
    Another vote for the Holiday Inn Suites on 17th st and boardwalk - Been staying here for years, this remains my favorite hotel in town. The centralized location, is an added bonus here, because there simply just isn't another hotel on the boards that's in the same class as this place. If you're looking to stay on the boardwalk and money isn't an issue THIS is the place I'd suggest.

Sand Dollars
    You want nice and on the boards look no further than the Holiday Inn. A little up the road is the Hilton on 32nd.