Sign Up|Sign In|Contact|Advertise
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    171
    Sand Dollars
    1,487

    Angler/Landmarks deal

    Just wanted to let everyone know that today's Landmarks Deal is for the Angler. The only downside is that they want you to have reservations in order to use the certificate ($15 for $30). I'm not sure how strict they will be with that. It will work out for us, though, since there will be seven of us, including a 2-year-old. We want them to know that we are on the way!

    Thanks for the report on the place Dean and I am looking forward to trying it as an adult in September!

  2. #22
    Senior Member DeanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Sand Dollars
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by brookie848 View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that today's Landmarks Deal is for the Angler. The only downside is that they want you to have reservations in order to use the certificate ($15 for $30). I'm not sure how strict they will be with that. It will work out for us, though, since there will be seven of us, including a 2-year-old. We want them to know that we are on the way!

    Thanks for the report on the place Dean and I am looking forward to trying it as an adult in September!
    You're quite welcome Brookie, and I really hope you enjoy the Angler - as I've told others - We just had raw oysters, & deep fried calamari, which is not exactly a test of any culinary skills for sure, BUT we were just impressed with the place on a whole. I'd be interested in trying more, and hearing others' experiences.

  3. #23
    Senior Member PlainsPricey106's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    243
    Sand Dollars
    1,690
    I will be going to Joe's Shrimp Boat this year if I have to crawl over there...for the past few years I wanted to go, and never made it. I also will be packing a cooler full of shrimp to take home at his prices.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Seashell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    484
    Sand Dollars
    803
    I stopped by to read the review on Barn 34. We are headed to OC in 23 days and I thought for sure we would stop by and check it out, but that sounds horrible. Now not only will I miss my favorite French toast once again, but I will miss my favorite Christmas shop. I guess I will be forced to find another place where I can drown my sorrows in a mimosa.

    Thanks for the info - another great review, Dean!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    240
    Sand Dollars
    1,749
    Don't worry about Barn 34 for breakfast. We just got home saturday I will post a report soon. We stopped at Barn 34 for breakfast on the way out as going to the pirates galley has been a recent tradition of ours. Bottom line it was as good as we ever had at the pirates galley. I have no doubt they could struggle the switch from breakfast to lunch to dinner as Dean mentioned, but as far as breakfast don't worry just go.

    brianpa

  6. #26
    Senior Member DeanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Sand Dollars
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Seashell View Post
    I stopped by to read the review on Barn 34. We are headed to OC in 23 days and I thought for sure we would stop by and check it out, but that sounds horrible. Now not only will I miss my favorite French toast once again, but I will miss my favorite Christmas shop. I guess I will be forced to find another place where I can drown my sorrows in a mimosa.

    Thanks for the info - another great review, Dean!
    Mandy,

    I'm glad you enjoyed my report, but I'm not sure you should avoid this restaurant based on my review. Don't get me wrong it was, and still remains (hands down!) the single worst experience, I've ever had in a restaurant, and the word "horrible" is too kind of a description...I still to this day, can't believe that it actually happened, matter of fact after I wrote my review, I let my wife read it (something I've never done before), and asked her if I was being too hard on them - I about fell over, when she told me I was too easy on them!

    [B]HOWEVER[/B ] (as Brian reiterated) the bulk of the problem was on the transition from breakfast to lunch. If you're heading there solely for breakfast only, you'd probably be fine... ALSO, in 23 days we will be in the "offseason", and things will be far less busy. I'd really like to hope if they weren't so overwhelmed by the summer crowd, our experience might have been decidedly different.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Seashell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    484
    Sand Dollars
    803
    How is the parking there? Don't they just have a tiny lot?

  8. #28
    Senior Member DeanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Sand Dollars
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Seashell View Post
    How is the parking there? Don't they just have a tiny lot?
    To be honest, I couldn't even tell you about the parking, because we Stayed at Castle in The Sand, this trip, and just walked there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Ocean City Maryland Hotels and Info for the Perfect OC Vacation | OceanCity.com
Get SocialGet Social
Facebook Twitter Flickr Pinterest