+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    I want to know what a "communicable" table is. I have an idea you meant a "communal" table where everyone sits together rather than privately. That one threw me.
    Good report Dean. As always.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Dean, is J&J Pizza the brickoven place on 50 West just past Baja Amusements? If so, we ate there last year on a rainy night. Very affordable and good food. If not, I'll look them up and give them a try.

Sand Dollars
    Hey Dean. I just got an update on Facebook from OceanCity.com and they mentioned your thread "Dining Report" Just wanted to give you a heads-up, you're famous now. Better get an agent.

Sand Dollars
    Britt, you make me laugh -Thank you for the kind words!

John, yes that's it! We talked about it on here, after I wrote about it last year - I didn't remember you saying you got around to trying it though... And yes I seen it on FB! (very cool) Thank you for the heads up!! --- Maybe it will drive some more traffic to our forum?

Z, thanks for pointing out my spelling error, Whenever I type these reports out, there are ALWAYS are a number of typo's, and I wait till the very end to go back through and correct them (so as not to break my train of thought). So when doing spell check, in this manner sometimes it just gives the word that it thinks is closest, and even though it maybe spelled right, it could just be the wrong word - As was the case here I'm guessing?

ANYWAYS... thank you for pointing it out, so I could correct it, before it went too far all over FB!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    I want to know what a "communicable" table is. I have an idea you meant a "communal" table where everyone sits together rather than privately. That one threw me.
    Good report Dean. As always.
    Paul Revere has communicable tables....

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by captpat View Post
    Paul Revere has communicable tables....

ROFL!! OMG I wish I'd thought of that! Too funny.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Thanks for sharing another great dining report, I can hardly wait for my next trip to OC

Sand Dollars
    Dean another great write up you are talented. I may steal your title in a few weeks. Sorry to barn 34 is so fouled up. Was looking forward to trying something other than breakfast there. We may still stop there for breakfast early the day we come home. I am ready looking forward to the shrimp boat.

Brianpa

Sand Dollars
    Great review Dean! As always very detailed. I think I'll add The Angler and OC Brewing to our list. I love beer and the eggrolls sound really good. I'm somewhat a brewer myself. I've perfected Colt 45! Not on purpose mind you but ever batch seems to taste like malt liquor.

We've become friendly with Lee the owner of Malibu's Surf Shop on the boardwalk. By friendly I mean I chat with him while my family buys tons of T shirts! Great guy and living the life, flip flops and board shorts everyday and his house is connected to the store. Can't beat the view. Anyway I always ask him for dining suggestions, his answer is always The Angler.

We have fell in love with Joe's Shrimp Boat. Our family ate there one night and I went back several times for shrimp to go. My wife & I went back to OC for a long weekend by ourselves last year, I think we ate at Joe's everyday.

We leave in two weeks. I can't wait. I'll post a review when I get back. I asked our son (6) what he wanted to do this year. His answer: get big slices of pizza and eat cannolis. I've often mentioned on this board that pizza & cannolis is our first night tradition. Apparently my son doesn't want to change that anytime soon! He also said he wanted to go to the beach. Duh!

Josh

Sand Dollars
    Thanks Melanie, I appreciate it - can't wait for MY next trip either!

Brian, thanks for the kind words as always. As far as Barn 34 goes, if you want to give them a shot for something other than breakfast, I would suggest, trying it later. I'd at least like to hope that if you got there around supper time that things would be very different. I firmly believe that they CAN cook, and I know they are using quality ingredients. The problem seems to be management, they can't make a smooth transition from making french toast, to grilling up burgers... I don't know who runs the day to day action here, but something NEEDS to change. You can't claim that your open for lunch, but lunch doesn't start till 1:00 - REALLY????? That's absurd, THEN even AFTER 1, you only offer 3 items out of your entire menu??? Like I said, they'd be better off serving Breakfast ONLY till noon, then RE-open at 5 for dinner. At least then maybe that would give em enough time to get prepped and ready for the next phase. - can't wait to hear about your trip!

Vitimin J, Thanks! Glad to hear that the shrimp boat worked out for you. We just love how fresh everything is there. Do yourself a favor, and DO try Ocean City Brewing. These Egg Rolls will change your life!!! Also, worth mentioning, the Flat Bread, is also one of their signature dishes, and like the egg rolls, they make them in all sorts of unique styles - I so desperately WANTED to try one, but after everything we ate, (and the beer) we simply ran out of room.
    Looking forward to reading your review as well!