+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Boardwalk atmosphere not family friendly.

We own a home in the north end of town-my phone says I am in Fenwick when there. It is a bit of a ride to get to the OC boardwalk, and almost the same amount time to get to Bethany's boardwalk.

We took our kids (13, 11, 1) out last night to the north end of the OC's boardwalk, hoping for a relaxing walk. It was still daylight, around 730 PM. We were no sooner on the boardwalk when we witnessed groups of young wanna be gangsters and general low life's. These people were using profanity loudly with no regard to children nearby. This was both adults and kids doing this and many were obviously intoxicated. It also seems that the Surgeon General's Warnings have not made their way to these people-blowing smoke all over the place. We passed more than one mother with a cigarette in her mouth pushing an infant in a coach. One also looked to be pregnant and smoking.

I had hoped going to the north end of the boardwalk away the shops and rides we would miss this stuff, but was disappointed.

We will spend our boardwalk time in Bethany for the immediate future until OC gets cleaned up. They need to get control of the thugs on the boardwalk. Smoking needs to banned yesterday! Banned on both the beach and boardwalk.

I love Ocean City, but feel that the town is catering to a lower clientele in order to bring in dollars, which is making it less of a family destination.
    Last edited by thegasmaster; 06-22-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Well, you posted yesterday and yes not full "senior" week anymore but I'm sure there is left over still there. And possible you just maybe hit the boardwalk when it happen to be full of idiots.
    I wouldn't give up on the boardwalk just yet and I'm sure next time it will be a better atmosphere for you.

Sand Dollars
    Not surprising. The "ricer" car show was in town, plus with schools going longer this year because of the bad winter, senior weeks got pushed back a week. And some may be in town for the upcoming Dew Tour. This past weekend and this week is not the week I would choose to be in OC unless you're of that age group.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    ricer? what exactly does that term mean as I hadn't heard of it before.
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    C'mon, bar.....a ricer is not used to make good mashed potatoes, but is a Japanese car on steroids. Loud and IMO, obnoxious (like the owners)

Sand Dollars
    oh ok, thank you
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    They're the cars that are Chevy Cruzes, Mitsubishis, Hyundais, etc. that have those coffee can exhaust pipes and sound like bumble bees. Most have neon lights underneath and in the motor and they only have bass on their radios and it's turned all the way up. They're usually driven by kids with black shirts, pants around their butts, and those big ol' ball caps turned sideways. And they usually have tattoos on their arms and legs.
    At least that's what it's like in my town.
    Ask an OC Insider