+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Question Admin Request - Reputation star limits

Admin,
    I have a request. I click on the little star at the bottom of a person's name when they post something useful or insightful. This is the star that adds to their "Reputation" on the forum. Unfortunately, there has been much less activity on this board of late, and now when I click on this star it usually tells me that I need to spread my reputation points around before I can give more to a given person. Given that the number of active posters has declined so much, this is hard to do. Can you remove or reduce the requrement to spread things around? I realize you likely put this in to prevent people from creating mutliple logons and adding toi their own reputation, but that does not seem to be a problem, and there does not seem to be anything to gain through it. I just like to be able to note when someone posts something useful, and now for many frequent posters (Dean, Z, Britt,...) I can't.
    Thanks!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy View Post
    Admin,
    I have a request. I click on the little star at the bottom of a person's name when they post something useful or insightful. This is the star that adds to their "Reputation" on the forum. Unfortunately, there has been much less activity on this board of late, and now when I click on this star it usually tells me that I need to spread my reputation points around before I can give more to a given person. Given that the number of active posters has declined so much, this is hard to do. Can you remove or reduce the requrement to spread things around? I realize you likely put this in to prevent people from creating mutliple logons and adding toi their own reputation, but that does not seem to be a problem, and there does not seem to be anything to gain through it. I just like to be able to note when someone posts something useful, and now for many frequent posters (Dean, Z, Britt,...) I can't.
    Thanks!
    Up until a few seconds ago - when I read this - I had absolutely no idea this even existed!

.... I'm too afraid to even look, to see what MY "reputation" is LOL

Sand Dollars
    Me too DeanM. Had no clue!!! I wish I did know earlier though. I like giving people who post good stuff acknowledgement that they are a good contributor. I will start doing it immediately!!

Sand Dollars
    Clueless here as well. Nothing new there.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    FYI - I'm not sure if ones "reputation" matters for anything, but I like to note the informative or interesting posts. You can see your reputation info by clicking on the "settings" link in the white banner near the top of the forum page.

Sand Dollars
    I clicked the star in your first post and had no problem adding to your "reputation". So it worked fine for me.

ROFL! See the little green box under your title? Mine says Senior Member. Run your cursor over the green thingy. Yours cracked me up. It says "OCGuy will become famous soon enough". Mine says "you are on a distinguished road" LOL Is this what the stars are for? Is that our "reputation"? Funny stuff.
    Last edited by Z06RL; 06-23-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Ask an OC Insider

Administrator
    Sand Dollars
    Good suggestion. It was set so that you had to rep 20 other people before you could give rep to someone again. Based on the amount of activity that would be difficult, so I turned off this limitation. If it becomes a problem I might have to increase the spread rule to 2 or 3, but as you said there's no point to game it because it is just for fun, so I doubt it'll come to that. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-Michael S.

Sand Dollars
    Well, Michael, now that we have your attention...............WHAT ABOUT THE SAND DOLLARS?? Are they any good for anything anymore? If they are........WHAT?
    Ask an OC Insider

Administrator
    Sand Dollars

Sand Dollars

Yes, you can do something with your sand dollars. You can redeem them for anything in our store -- go to the gift certificates page: http://www.oceancity.com/deals/disco...t-certificates

Choose anything that is available -- we are sold out of many of the certificates, but if you ask me, I may have a couple extra in the office. The system works the same way as it did before. Just tell me what you want and we will deduct sand dollars. If I don't have them, I will offer something else.

Also, we are selling some really cool OceanCity.com stickers -- you can redeem sand dollars for those too! Only $5 + the $1 shipping and handling. They are vinyl and weatherproof.

Happy 4th!

sticker_design_final.jpg

Sand Dollars
    I knew about the adding to reputation star, I didn't know about the little green thing with the comment, they are funny, now I must go look at everyone's green description thingy