Thread: Log in...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

You know it's been what like a year & a half since we launched this new forum, and STILL I have issues logging on to this damn thing! Forget trying to just type your user name and password in the boxes, so you have to click on the "log in box" and wait for the error msg to gain access to the forum, then if you walk away for five mins your automatically logged out about 50 % of the time.

I mean I hate to complain but logging in should be a NON issue... This forum will absolutely never get back on track until they get these basic functions operating like normal websites do....

Sorry but this is beyond annoying, and I have no doubt plays a role in the slow activity that has plagued this forum ever since the new format was installed.

Sand Dollars
    I said that two weeks after the new format started.... No question that it's turned people off!! I guess it's like Obama care....

Sand Dollars
    I don't' know who you would complain to Dean. I've tried emailing AH about Sand Dollars, etc, and got no reply. I don't think anyone even bothers with this forum any more.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    I don't' know who you would complain to Dean. I've tried emailing AH about Sand Dollars, etc, and got no reply. I don't think anyone even bothers with this forum any more.
    And that's truly sad if admin of this forum feels that way.
    common sense is not so common

Administrator
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    You know it's been what like a year & a half since we launched this new forum, and STILL I have issues logging on to this damn thing! Forget trying to just type your user name and password in the boxes, so you have to click on the "log in box" and wait for the error msg to gain access to the forum, then if you walk away for five mins your automatically logged out about 50 % of the time.

I mean I hate to complain but logging in should be a NON issue... This forum will absolutely never get back on track until they get these basic functions operating like normal websites do....

Sorry but this is beyond annoying, and I have no doubt plays a role in the slow activity that has plagued this forum ever since the new format was installed.
    You're right, that is unacceptable and very annoying. Just a week or so ago someone pointed that out to us and we were able to reproduce it with their account credentials, so it has been on the to-do list. We didn't notice sooner because we were able to login successfully using a user name and password in that login box, but it might have just been because it failed over to Facebook Connect when the first login didn't work and we had FB Connect activated.

After seeing how frustrated you guys are I moved it to the top of the priority list, the login box at the top should work now even if you aren't using FB Connect. Sorry you had to deal with that for so long.

In the future, as soon as you notice something wrong please start a thread in this section or send me a PM directly, although I would prefer the former so other people can chime in and let us know if they're experiencing the same problem.

The owner of the company is on the forum several times a week and considers it one of the most important parts of the site, so your thread will definitely get noticed, it's just a matter of finding the dev time to get the work done.

-Michael

Sand Dollars

Thank you Dean,I have been trying to log in here for months,reset my password several times and it never worked until today....thanks to you I'm finally back......bow-wow!!!!!!!

Sand Dollars
    So is everyone saying that it's a login problem??

Sand Dollars
    Much, MUCHbetter! Michael, thank you for fixing this problem.

Might not seem like a big deal to some, but to me it's the equivalent of having a broken front door, of a brick and mortar business. People can't post here if they can't get in, & let's face it, most people are NOT going to jump through hoops to gain access to post in a forum - they'll just close out this page and post on T/A, or somewhere else that offers easy access.

As far as the FB connect goes - glad you brought this up - while I'm sure there are plenty of people who prefer to connect in that fashion, I can assure you that there are some people (ME) who go out of their way to avoid such links, because they do not trust FB & all the spying that goes along with it... FB, & Twitter, along with other social media sites track everything, and have data bases built on everybody who uses them. I've been using this site, and TA long before FB ever even existed WHY would I need to use social media to connect with other websites - Especially websites where I'm posting anonymously in public forums???? Unless I undergo a pre -frontal lobotomy someday, and become so inept that I can no longer navigate the internet, I'll choose to cut "Big Brother FB" out and log onto sites the old fashion way (having to type my name & password in like the conservative old dinosaur that I am) I don't want this site or any other site having access to my personal FB account, or the other way around.

btw - Highball, Did you say something??? lol

Sand Dollars
    Now if I could just get an answer about the Sand Dollars! LOL
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Dean---Don't understand your comment???