+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    mcgruff
    Sand Dollars

Re: Ocean CIty Restaurant News and Happenings....

I'm always willing to give any place a chance...anyone can have a bad meal at anytime..even at my favorite places. That said the take away message from IBO for me is the cleanliness and service. That is an instant turn off for myself. If the place doesn't pass the eyeball test for clean then i don't want to imagine what the kithchen must look like. Where's the manager? Why if it's not busy is the place dirty? I don't understand how a new business could start off like this. Hap I get drinks elsewhere..not worth the trip after that review..IBO is confirming what I already have heard...well said IBO.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by highball

Imightknow, you figure they are still rebuilding??

Rebuilding... probably not. From what I remember they had gotten rid of all of the old staff from Jordans. As Mcgruff said, where is / was the manager during all of this? There is an issue when the bartender is in charge of hostessing, bussing tables, answering the phone, customer service consultant, pouring drinks and taking orders. Someone needs to come out of the back of the house to oversee / give the girl some help! In my opinion the people on this forum and I would assume others, are giving them another chance and they seem to be shooting themselves in the foot. For their sake, I hope they figure things out before its too late ( if not already). Its to great of a view/ location to keep letting it spiral out of control!

Sand Dollars

Sorry I can't throw my 2cents in on this one... Jordans was ALWAYS a known tourist trap (home of the 12.99 lobster ect.). Plus there's been nothing but bad buzz on the internet about it since the name change.

I gotta admit, I'm surprized that locals would have such an interest in a place like this.

hapnstance

I think I'm going to pass on this one unless the forum wants to pony up a dinner for this guinea pig!

gjdeet
    Sand Dollars

DAMN!!! I really wish the reviews of this place were better than they are. I work with a girl who is coming home from the beach today. She said she was going to go here and check it out. When i talk with her, i will post her comments and let you guys know. I know Jordan's was known for being a tourist trap, but we always had good luck there. EXCEPT for the foreign waitresses that could not get a drink order correct, but the food orders were always correct and we always had a good meal there. We found it easier to just walk up to the bar from our table in the dining room and get our own drinks that way. They would even let me use one of the cork trays to carry the drinks back to the table..........such a shame that a place with such a good view and lots of room cannot get it together.........oh well.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by hapnstance

I think I'm going to pass on this one unless the forum wants to pony up a dinner for this guinea pig!
    If you try it out Hap, I'll cover a dinner at PR's since you didn't say where. lol

Sand Dollars

A few (5/6) years ago you couldn't get near the bar during happy hour because of the locals. Times change, and the management of the rest/bar has steadily gone down hill. May be the hotel needs to take back running it.

Come on Hap give it a SHOT!!

Sand Dollars

5/6 years ago Jorden still ran it.Then he gave it to his son to run.