Thread: Hotel Grand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Hotel Grand

Staying at Hotel Grand 4th of July week. Anyone ever stay here?

Sand Dollars
    Many times. It's a very nice place, on the boardwalk, 24 hour coffee shop, little shops downstairs on the first floor. Nice big rooms. Only drawback was that the balconies are/were not private. They had a mesh screen between each room that you could see through. BUT they were supposed to be changing that, so it might not be that way now. Great location too. Close to Phillips and Coins, and Fractured Prune for those morning donuts!!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Many times. It's a very nice place, on the boardwalk, 24 hour coffee shop, little shops downstairs on the first floor. Nice big rooms. Only drawback was that the balconies are/were not private. They had a mesh screen between each room that you could see through. BUT they were supposed to be changing that, so it might not be that way now. Great location too. Close to Phillips and Coins, and Fractured Prune for those morning donuts!!
    Thanks that makes me feel better. Wife wanted to stay on boardwalk. I like the North side normally.

Sand Dollars
    Are you talking about The Grand Hotel? on 21st street? If so, I've stayed in a condo right across the street from the Grand Hotel for almost 20 years. I don't know what the rooms are like, but the stores on the first floor are a convenience to anyone staying there. The only thing that place could use would be a convenience store for milk, coffee, bread etc.

Sand Dollars
    They sell milk, coffee, bread, muffins, breakfast sandwiches and even ice cream and lattes in their 24 hour coffee shop in the Grand.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Hope you got a good deal for that week, they dont call it the"grand" for nothing. Thats about what you pay a night in July for ocean front.

Sand Dollars
    All of the hotels have been running "book early" specials including the Grand. They had some great offers. Most of them have. But once you miss it, it's gone.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    The rooms are okay, really nothing special even on the top couple of floors, Great view, indoor pool is small but serviceable if you get a rainy day.

Sand Dollars
    I think the most impressive features of this hotel are the staff, the staff were always ready to help. I enjoyed my stay there and will definitely come back with my friends and family. The rooms were well furnished and no insects roaming around just like any other hotel that cockroaches are there too.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkTheJerk View Post
    Hope you got a good deal for that week, they dont call it the"grand" for nothing. Thats about what you pay a night in July for ocean front.
    No around $260.00 per night