+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

No more Party Block

The resort’s venerable Paddock nightclub is about to be replaced by a country music and cowboy-themed bar.

Cowboy Coast Country Saloon will replace The Party Block, and its three clubs, including The Paddock, Rush, and The Big Kahuna, on 17th Street.

“I’ve been here 35 years. It’s just time for me to move on,” said Party Block owner Robert Rosenblit, who bought The Party Block in 1979. He said The Paddock has been an Ocean City nightclub since the mid-1950s.

Rosenblit had the business up for for sale since late 2012. After meeting with several contenders, Rosenblit decided to strike a deal with Mark Bogosh, 41, of Pasadena, Md. Bogosh most recently had been owner of a bar in Baltimore’s Canton neighborhood called Plug Uglies Publick House.

“I didn’t feel comfortable with anyone until I met Mark,” Rosenblit said. “I think he’s got a great concept, and I believe it will be very well-received by the town.”

Bogosh said the decor of Cowboy Coast will be just as the name suggests, very down-home and country, with plenty of barn wood and corrugated metal. They’ll also have a mechanical bull.

“Country music gets more and more popular; I just saw a need for it in Ocean City. It’s something different. Country music fans are everywhere and they’re excited about it. The response so far has been great. I just thought, it’s a good opportunity”

Bogosh said structurally, the wall between Rush and The Paddock, both on the building’s north end, will be removed. Architectural drawings call for a stage and dance floor in the same space.

In the middle will be a tiki bar to replace Big Kahuna. The adjacent Pool Bar will remain. He said he’s signed a 15-year lease on the property.

Bogosh also said he’s interested in supporting regional and local country musicians, as well as trying to book national touring acts where they can.

“We’re really excited to be part of the business community, and we’re looking forward to a long-term relationship with the town of Ocean City, and giving people a country experience at the beach,” he said.

Sand Dollars
    Wow. That's big news. A country music place should do pretty well in OC. Thanks for sharing Dean.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    You're welcome.

I also think it will be a nice addition to the town.

Sand Dollars
    First club I ever went to. But it's time for something new

Sand Dollars
    whats the word on the money Ya'llz owe a few of your renovation crews?.. I understand it is a substantial amount and the management seems to not care (so far)
    Last edited by pawleep; 06-10-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Hope we don't see John Taffer roll in!

Sand Dollars
    I've been hearing all good about it so far and that crowds have been strong. I hope they make it and don't end up like Cowboyz. lol
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by captpat View Post
    Hope we don't see John Taffer roll in!
    if he ever comes into ocean city he should be sent to...Paul Revere's
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by bar2008 View Post
    if he ever comes into ocean city he should be sent to...Paul Revere's
    That would be Restaurant Impossible.....that big armed bad teeth bloke would tear it up!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by captpat View Post
    That would be Restaurant Impossible.....that big armed bad teeth bloke would tear it up!
    Gotcha. My bad.
    common sense is not so common