+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Check this out...

Here's a good one for ya - Today on FB the Holiday Inn Suites posted a Valentines Day Special, that (get this) you CAN NOT USE on Valentines Day! So... normally I let crap like this slide, but I'm sitting here thinking to myself how much money this place rakes in during peak season, and then they have the nerve run a special in order to spark up off season business,that is very misleading. Bad enough they charge around $500 a night during the summer - at least the off season deals should be reasonable. So I called em out on it in a FB post, they responded by comparing their "deal" to an online offer that had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I was pointing out to them and (their FB friends) So posted back asking them if they truly felt that they could not see that they were completely misrepresenting themselves, well my post got so many likes - FROM THEIR FRIENDS mind you - that they went ahead and deleted my posts!!! Nice huh? They put a deal out there for the public, but then when the questions get to hard they just shut you up by deleting your questions... Well, sorry wrong guy to do that too, I have other ways of voicing my opinion.

Personally I find it disingenuous to post a Valentines Day Special that is invalid on Valentines day, but that's just me.. Here below is a copy of what they posted today (I didn't copy my comments). So what do YOU, the forum think???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's time to pack your bags and bring your special someone to The Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites!! Check out our great Valentine's Day Special, it includes:

Hotel accommodations in a 2 Queen Bed Suite with Jacuzzi Tub located in the bathroom. In addition we will give you dinner vouchers for two, to dine in our very own Hemmingway's Restaurant. The price is just $105.00 + Tax. Upgraded rooms are also available at an increased rate, call us for details!

The Valentine's Day Special is running through the entire month of February, however it does exclude Friday and Saturday night stays. For reservations call us directly at 410-289-7263 and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
    Last edited by DeanM; 01-17-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Think I'll go check that out!

I put this on their page: Wait..........Valentines Day is on Friday. So it's a Valentines Day special but just not on Valentines Day? Why not just call it a February special? It's misleading.

Waiting to see what they reply.........or delete.
    Last edited by Z06RL; 01-17-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Think I'll go check that out!

I put this on their page: Wait..........Valentines Day is on Friday. So it's a Valentines Day special but just not on Valentines Day? Why not just call it a February special? It's misleading.

Waiting to see what they reply.........or delete.
    Update, they've either pulled the ad, or they have the post "hidden" from me completely now!

Nice way to treat customers huh? (deleting my questions about the "deal")

If I'd have called on the phone would they have hung up on me??

If I'd have walked into their lobby would they have had me thrown out???

Sand Dollars
    Yep. My post got deleted. lol
    But now when you click on the picture for the ad, they have the top of it cut off so it doesn't say Valentine's Day, and their post promoting it says "In honor of Valentine's Day" instead of Valentine's Day Special.

That's one way around it.
    Last edited by Z06RL; 01-17-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Yea, I seen it.

The shame of it is, it's not a bad deal - I just didn't like the way they were marketing it as a "Valentines Day special". It would be no different than offering a New Years Eve special that ran the entire month of Dec. except NEW YEARS EVE... Sounds preposterous right? But essentially it would be the exact same thing.

And,,, The whole "Friday & Saturday exclusions" is a crock! They're not worried about those other weekends in the month. Everybody knows that OC in February is a virtual ghost town, the only sign of life during the entire month IS on Valentines Day, So..., the one day out of the whole month that they might have 1/2 a chance to make a buck, they refuse to offer the deal - pretty convenient!!! This "special" has zero to do with Valentines day, and everything to do about the fact that they have a hotel full of vacant, over priced rooms, during the deadest month of the year.

Sand Dollars
    We think alike. I would figure ANY business in February would be welcome.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I saw both your posts on their facebook page & had replied under Z's that I was wondering the same thing about the dates not including Valentines Day. When I went back to check later it was gone & replaced with a different post. I figured they didn't want anyone pointing out their bad idea...LOL

Sand Dollars
    And how about this. I just looked at their website. Their nightly weekday rate through most of February is.....$79!!!!!!

Sand Dollars

Wink

Yes but you get meal vouchers with this amazing deal.

Mind you, meal vouchers are only good for the month of January and you cannot use them during your stay at the hotel.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkTheJerk View Post
    Yes but you get meal vouchers with this amazing deal.

Mind you, meal vouchers are only good for the month of January and you cannot use them during your stay at the hotel.
    Huh? You must be reading something different than the rest of us. $105 includes 2 $50 meal vouchers for Hemingways, the only restriction is that you have to choose from the shown menu. If you want to order something other than what is on that special menu, then there is an additional charge. And it's February.
    Not sure what you were looking at Kirk.
    Ask an OC Insider