Thread: Making plans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Making plans

It's a long winter, so I'm filling my days planning how many trips to OC I can manage to get in this year. Right now, it's looking like an early spring trip in March or April, Cruise In in May (haven't been for a couple of years because of kids in the beds of pick up trucks being an issue.....now not a problem), a week vacation in August at our old favorite condo on 77th St., and then hoping for one or two more trips off season in October, and maybe again for Winterfest.
    Plus with our kids now living in Maryland, it makes for a much nicer trip and a good place to stop on the way.
    I already have three places that I've never tried before to stop at, and I'm looking forwards to trying Waterman's again now that they've reopened. We enjoyed it in the past before the fire, so we'll try it again now that it's open.
    After the past cold snap, it's fun to sit here and think about warm weather and the beach.
    Anybody else making any plans yet?
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    no plans here to go to Ocean City and likely not for a few years. Thankfully, there are webcams (and hopefully this forum) in OC to get my fix.
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    If we go this year, it will be in late September again. Right now it's not looking so good because I start a new job soon.

Sand Dollars
    Just got back From OC on Jan 1st.

Usually head down for Easter, but got a cruise scheduled for the week after, so that might be a problem.

Also might seriously cut down the 4th of July trip to just a weekend - becoming less & less of a fan of "peak season" all the time.

Sand Dollars
    Hoping to get down for St. Patty's Parade in March and then for a few days on mid April for Spring Break. Will be down there for Cruise Weekend in May. Planning 2 weeks for mid July. Probably won't be able to make all of these trips work, but hope to.

I want to try the new Waterman's and will definitely return to Longboards which opened on 67th Street last year and has been pretty good. I'm hoping the Pirate's Den returns and note that the Christmas Shop, which was rumored to be it's new location, was cleared out when I was in OC a few days after Christmas. I always look forward to the reopening of the Frog Bar, Harrison's Raw Bar, and Fish Tales. I'm building my list of new places to try this year including Coins and Mother's Catina, and Aldolfo's, a few longstanding places I have not tried. Sometime I'll get to Warren's Station in FI, another place that has been around forever that I've never been to.

Sand Dollars
    We've got our Ocean Side campsite reserved at Assateague for mid July for our normal 12 to 14 day trip down. I'm hoping to make a Spring trip for a weekend depending on school and work schedules. I'm also hoping to make my trek down for Sunfest but that ones is normally a last minute planned trip. Can't wait. I've been catching the webcams just to remind me of what it's like down there.

Sand Dollars
    We booked over a month ago for our trip in September -- coming in with the Bikers and leaving Sunfest weekend. We're staying in the same place as last year -- the nicest place we've ever stayed. We were glad it was still available when we booked.

We only do one trip a year, unless something really strange happens and we come down for Punkin' Chunkin', but we haven't done that trip in years.

Sand Dollars
    I don't think I could make it with just one trip to the beach a year anymore. As long as I can find the $$, I'll go as often as I can. What's funny is that we'll be at Carlisle for a car show Thurs-Sat, drive home, pack up and head to the shore on Sunday! Barely enough time to catch my breath!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I always aim to try at least one thing new every year. This year I want to spend more time in West Ocean City. I haven't really cruised around there for 20 years and it seems that MANY things have change over there since the late 80s.

Sand Dollars
    Just made my reservations for Fire Conven. today!!