+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Hey oclocal14, you joined in March 2014 and you've posted 3 times since you joined. All 3 of your comments were on this thread. I assume you work there or have some other personal interest in Sandy Bottoms, which is perfectly fine. Just admit that and your comments and posts would be a lot more valid. Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, you could actually comment on other topics brought up in the forum.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by oclocal14 View Post
    No prices were ever over $9 for any drink. Especially an orange crush. Prices, food, and drinks are way better then Davey Jones' ever was.
    Maybe the total for both of my drinks was over $9, but the other drink was a $1 Natural Light. So, that's almost $9 for an orange crush.

Sand Dollars

Sandy Bottoms

Stopped in Saturday about 10. got a table for 6..No one came over. sat about 20 mins...Still no server.. Talked to the table next to us. and they said took them 30 mins to get waited on.;and they have been waiting for the food for another hour. SO we left.. Someone said some of the employees didn come in to work.. Great way to start the season. Wont be back.

Sand Dollars
    oclocal14 will tell you that never actually happened ocmommom.

Sand Dollars
    The OP didn't want to sound snobbish by referring to people as "loud rednecks" because it was dollar natural light night? Stereotype much?

Hey, we can use the word "intolerant" for this case. Right?

Sand Dollars
    That Dude,

If you'd been there the night I was at Sandy Bottoms last summer, you'd know what I mean. I'm fine with going to a bar with any kind of person, as long as they just want to enjoy their drinks and have a good time. However, that night, the vibe of the crowd was downright ugly, and uncomfortable. From some of the things I overheard from the other patrons, people were looking to start fights that night. That's how things like last month's tragedy start.

I may chosen my words wrong when I said that $1 Natural Lights were the cause of the issue. Several of the bars I've frequented on the Boardwalk would sell Natural Light or Natty Boh from $1.50 - $2.00, and there was never any trouble in those bars.

Sand Dollars
    I agree, this place has a prime location but looks bla! The managers need to do a better job of getting people in the door. It needs something.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by tfunkhouser View Post
    I agree, this place has a prime location but looks bla! The managers need to do a better job of getting people in the door. It needs something.
    Chech Marin's character from "Born in East L.A." standing out front recruiting people???

Sand Dollars
    I stopped by during Bike Week. I had been when it was Davey Jones before. About as good as any for service during the busy weekend, $2 beers.

I was a little disappointed the bar itself was nearly the same. In my opinion, if they put a bar that ran the entire length of the wall and windows that overlook the Ocean, with tables in the rest of the open space, I think that might be more appealing to me. The bar directly in the center doesn't seem like good use of space.

I will always think of the building as Burger King.

Sand Dollars
    Sandy Bottoms on the boardwalk, which is in the location previously occupied by Davey Jones and Burger King, will not be back for 2015. That space, the bottom portion anyway, will be another Kohr Brothers ice cream joint.
    Founder, Trimpers Haunted House Online - http://ochh.net
    Co Founder, The Bill Tracy Project - http://billtracy.net