+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Smile Booze cruise..or water taxi

Does anyone know of a booze cruise or booze water taxi,,that you can ride on..that will take you from bar to bar? We like to bar hop, and of course dont want to drive..and the bus doesnt excite us either? thanks for any info......

Sand Dollars
    Checkout the Buzz Boat Water Taxi:

I have not used them, but I've heard good things about them. Checkout their website: http://www.buzzboatwatertaxi.com/
    Last edited by OCGuy; 07-15-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Sand Dollars

booze cruise

thanks...i also see this saturday they have a brewfest...where for 15 pp they take you bayside to 8 bars... hmmm we will be down this weekend..BUT will be with grandkids... hoping they have another one,

Sand Dollars
    It always amazed me that there are not more water taxis. The one posted above is the only one. You would think that the bars would help subsidize and that on weekends, these water taxis could basically circle the participating bars all day.
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    I agree 100%

They are missing the boat (pun intended) here. they could/SHOULD have a taxis system set up like they do at the Inner Harbor. It would completely change the scope of business for the bay side, & West OC.

Sand Dollars
    Also, OC is always trying to address their traffic problems. I think taxi boats would be used alot during evenings for the dinner crowds. Many of the fine dinner restaurants in OC are either on the bayside or in West OC. What a great way to go enjoy dinner. I would love to take a boat to many of these restaurants rather than dealing with Ocean Highway and/or bridge traffic and dealing with finding a parking spot!!

Sand Dollars
    It seems like a great idea to me as well. I'd like to catch a water taxi mid town, spend an evening at someplace like the Harborside and return on the water taxi. Sounds pretty cool.

That said, I wonder how long it takes to get from a mid-town dock to a West OC dock. I would not think very long but I'm totally unaware of waterway routes and speed restrictions on the bays. I always thought it'd be cool to take a boat from Annapolis to OC instead of driving down, until I learned how long it'd take. It would still be cool, just not fast.

Sand Dollars

Buzz boat cruise

Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    thanks...i also see this saturday they have a brewfest...where for 15 pp they take you bayside to 8 bars... hmmm we will be down this weekend..BUT will be with grandkids... hoping they have another one,
    OCMOMMOM--where did you find the info on this? It sounds great!!

Sand Dollars

brew cruise

OC sent it to my yahoo account...I am hoping the do one in august when we are there this past one...we had the grandkids..

Sand Dollars
    For my wife's birthday this weekend, we booked the Buzz Boat and had a fantastic time. We started at Macky's, cruised to Fish Tales, then cruised back to Seacrets. It is very quick--about 12 minutes from Macky's to Fish Tales, and about 10 minutes from Fish Tales to Seacrets. We had a party of 12, and everyone loved it. It was certainly a unique way to bar hop. The boat has a great sound system and plays fun music during the trip. I exchanged phone numbers with the captain, and I texted him when we were ready to move onto the next bar. Yes, you have to pay $10 per person, but you don't pay a cover charge when entering the bars, so it is a wash. I highly recommend the Buzz Boat.