+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Trick or Treating

I know this going to sound odd, but do businesses or any place in Ocean City in general participate in Trick or Treating?

Sand Dollars

Re: Trick or Treating

Not really. Ocean City has a aprox 2,000 families in the off season with about 10 per cent of this population being children.

Sand Dollars

The Seawitch Fesitval is where you want to go if you have kids. It is held in Rehobeth, and it is lots of fun. They have a packed schedule with a great parade on Saturday morning and treat-or-treating at the businesses along the main street on Saturday night. It does get very crowded, though, so go early and leave the stroller at home (we had a stroller last year and literally couldn't move through the crowds).

OC tried to do a Halloween Party at one point, but I'm not sure if it really took off.

Sand Dollars

Sure! There's lots going on for Halloween! Check this thread out: http://www.oceancity.com/content/blog/halloween-hits-ocean-city

Sand Dollars

I checked out that blog... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I didn't see anything on there that would make me think it would be worthwhile to bring kids to the town of OC for Halloween. The bars probably do pretty decent, but to have to drive out to that campground, or Berlin to do anything with kids would be a waste IMO.

If they had a parade up the boards or something at Northside park, the inlet, or SOMETHING it would be different. Given the choice between the 2, I'd say Montegoman's got the right idea - go to the Seawitch Festival, in Rehobeth.

Sand Dollars

The Ocean City Outlets (White Marlin Mall) is a popular place to take kids for trick or treating, businesses there give out candy on Halloween.

Or use to, I would imagine they still do.

Sand Dollars

I would guess that if there is trick or treating in OC it would be in the subdivisions, like Hidden Harbor and then probably only for the kids that live there. Houses are so scattered in OC proper that it would be almost impossible to go door to door. Check with the community center at Northside Park or with the Chamber of Commerce or City Hall. They should be able to tell you .

Sand Dollars

I stand corrected. I see there IS a "spook out party" at Northside park complex on Oct 30th - Some carnival games, arts & crafts, costume contest, ect. So there is SOMETHING... but it's only 1-3 that day. Seawitch Festival still seems like they got em beat.

C'mon OC, step it up!

OCRecreation
    Sand Dollars

The Halloween Spook Out Party at Northside Park is Sunday, October 31st from 1-3pm. Our party, for kids of all ages, includes carnival games, a hay ride, costume contest, and fun! Admission is 1 package of wrapped candy per child. You can find more information at www.oceancitymd.gov

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by OCRecreation

The Halloween Spook Out Party at Northside Park is Sunday, October 31st from 1-3pm. Our party, for kids of all ages, includes carnival games, a hay ride, costume contest, and fun! Admission is 1 package of wrapped candy per child. You can find more information at www.oceancitymd.gov

Thanks for enlightening me.