Thread: Sunfest Help

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Sunfest Help

Just looking for some general information. I'm coming down to Assateage Next Monday for 7 days with my oldest son. He's fresh out of Army Boot Camp and Combat Medic Training. Just looking for a quiet week of fishing and stuff. However, we do plan to hit the Boardwalk while we're there. I'm not stranger to OC or the BW but I've never been down during Sunfest. Wanted to know what to expect for parking, etc. I know the inlet lot is closed but wanted to know what the West End Park-N-Ride would be like. Also, is Sunfest generally a daytime thing since we'll be heading to the Boardwalk after 6 or 7 pm, we may not have the same problems with parking and all. Any help would be appreciated.

Sand Dollars

Re: Sunfest Help

Here's a little secret. The inlet lot will be closed, but Trimper's Inlet Village Lot will be open. There will be a parking attendant there, but if you tell him/her that you are visiting the inlet village/Frog Bar restaraunt, they will give you a little ticket and tell you that parking is FREE if you get the ticket stamped in any of the inlet village shops. They do this to try to increase business and traffic in the inlet village. So, park there, get a ticket, then slip of to the Frog for a $2 draft beer and get it stamped. When all is said and done, a day of parking will cost only $2, the $2 you paid for the draft beer. Usually, folks are not aware the lot exists and don't even bother. If a police man stops you as you try to enter the lot, tell them you are going to Trimper's Inlet Village and they will have to let you through.

Depending on the time of day, they may tell you that with a stamped ticket, the first two hours of parking are free with a dollar an hour charge after that. Even so, it's still cheaper than the inlet lot. Technically, you could stay there 8 hours for only 6 bucks because the first two hours are free.

Sand Dollars

Well, the cat's out of the bag now! lol

Parking is a nightmare during Sunfest because it draws so many "locals" who all need a parking spot. My advice is to park at the Convention Center or the lot at 110 th St. and take the bus if you can't do the Park and Ride option. Busses run every 10 or 15 minutes so you won't have a long wait.

Another option would be to try the back streets. It's a bit longer walk, but no meters.

Sand Dollars

I'm impressed!!

deedee3370
    Sand Dollars

Sunfest is an all day event Thursday through Sunday. Sunfest is open till 10:00 pm I believe.

NotImpresed, great tip, thanks!!!