+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Just got a pretty decent OC book.....

It's called Ocean City, A Guide to Maryland's Seaside Resort. I have been going to OC for 30 years, but I'm still finding this book very helpful/interesting! It's full of history and reviews of everything from restaurants to boardwalk attractions to day trips in the area. It was published in 2009 so it's pretty up to date. The reviews are honest and right on (at least the places we usually go are accurate in the book). For example, one review describes a restaurants margaritas as, "an alarming shade of neon red and devoid of alcohol".

We always find ourselves going to the same places year after year, so I think taking this book along will break us out of that routine.

http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-City-Marylands-Seaside-Tourist/dp/0976706466

Sand Dollars

Re: Just got a pretty decent OC book.....

I found that book to be a pretty helpful guide.

I have been going to Ocean City all my life, and I never knew about the Chicago Ave Promenade.

Sand Dollars

There are quite a few places in the book that I've never heard of. Mostly off the main drag. I love how they tell you where to get some really good coffee or small things like that. I think it will be handy to take along for spur of the moment stops while we're there.

Sand Dollars

Seashell, Thanks for the info, as most people around here know I have a big collection of OC books. I had seen ths one, but ignored it figuring it was just a run of the mill tourist guide. Baed on your comment's now I plan to pick up a copy.

Sand Dollars

No problem, OCGuy. This book won't have as much history as you're used to - I would say it's about 97% reviews. I was dissapointed that it didn't have more history or any photos, but the helpfulness of the reviews make up for that.