+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Ocean City Visitors

Ocean City obviously has vacationers from all over the country, possibly world. What state(s) do you think most vacationers come from for a minimum of one night stay?

Sand Dollars
    According to MGH, OC's advertising company, most of Ocean City's visitors come from four states - Maryland, NewJersey, Pennsylvania and New York, plus the District of Columbia.

BTW, I've done some work with MGH, and, in my view, they do a really solid job for OC, sometimes despite some of OC's politicians creating a bit of a challenge for OC's image with tourists.

Sand Dollars
    Have seen more advertising in Pennsylvania this year than in years past. A lot of the people in this area, Eastern pa grew up going to Jersey so guess they are trying to get those people to make the switch in light of the Sandy damage.

Sand Dollars
    According to our great president, new jersey is back and better than ever. We have never been to jersey, nor will ever go. I heard there are more animals there than in OC on the weekends.

Sand Dollars
    I went to the New Jersey beaches several years ago and was not very impressed. There is no place like Ocean City, Maryland.

Sand Dollars
    I too have seen more advertising for OC here in Western PA this year. Have not seen a commercial on TV for many years before this year. We vacationed at Wildwood, NJ growing up back in the 60s and 70s. I started coming to OC in the late 70s and have vacationed here with my husband and daughter, with my sisters and also with my girlfriends for our "girl's week" ever since.

Sand Dollars
    I grew up in New York City, we went to the beaches there and then New Jersey. Grew up first going to Coney Island then Places like Seaside and Asbury Park. I go to Rehoboth and OC now just because it is easier to get to. I think every resort draws a certain amount of the wrong crowd but I would rather go for myself then judge it by what I heard. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just like everyone is allowed to have their own kind of fun as long as laws aren't broken.

Sand Dollars
    Living in central PA most people I know go to Ocean City MD. Of course there are several routes than can be taken and every family has their favorite.

Sand Dollars
    I live in western PA and I know for a fact that the majority of my friends go to Ocean City for vacation. I'm so glad that the promoters finally got smart and started advertising on WTAE again! We used to get Hooked on OC on our local cable company, but that disappeared. Would love to see that show return too.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    From my office in the Pittsburgh area there alone are five people coming to OC this year. I will be there Sunday!!