+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Outside Drinking and Such

I haven't been to OCMD in about 3 years and I have only been there once since turning 21 and it was with boring people anyway, blah. So anyway, my boyfriend and I decided to go away for a long weekend for Memorial Day to celebrate our hard work through the longggg NEPA winter. Sunday, weather permitting, we both pretty much just wanna go somewhere during the afternoon where we can hang out, eat good lunch and have lots of drinks and enjoy the sun as long as its out. Where is a good relaxed place to go?? I know there are many, but im also crazy and like to plan my vacations and get other peoples' knowledgeable opinions so that I will have a good time, and I have only ever drank at a bar in OCMD one time. And that was the green turtle and it wasnt very fun esp. when the people youre with aren't drinking and complaining they are tired. Ive never been to Seacrets, although people do say its fun but there are a lot of sloppy people there. However, I don't mind things like that and I enjoy a good laugh. Anyway, where is a good place to go ?

Sand Dollars
    Seacrets, Sunset Grille in W. Ocean City, BJs on the Water, Fagers, Mackys and I am sure others will fill in what I have missed.

Sand Dollars
    Galaxy 66 Sky Bar is now open for the season. Fish Tales is very popular. Shenanigan's at 4th street is right on the Boardwalk if you want to people watch, and Connor's Sail Loft Cafe is one story above the Boardwalk, beach and ocean at 2nd street. On the bay in lower OC there's a whole stretch with Lazy Lizard, M.R. Ducks, Marina Deck, etc. At your age Seacrets would be a lot of fun, but relaxed isn't the first adjective I think of. On the Boardwalk, bayfront, and many of the oceanfront hotels and condos, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting 3 places to drink outside in the summer.
    Last edited by fpk; 05-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle07 View Post
    we both pretty much just wanna go somewhere during the afternoon where we can hang out, eat good lunch and have lots of drinks and enjoy the sun as long as its out. Where is a good relaxed place to go??
    Most bars/restaurants that offer outdoor seating are fairly "relaxed" during the DAY TIME. Seacrets, & Fishtales can get pretty wild late night.

Harborside might be a good choice for you.

Sand Dollars
    While not a drinker, the Frog Bar down at the inlet has a small outdoor seating area with a great view of the inlet. They also serve up a great hamburger. There have been many positive comments on this forum about the Frog Bar.

Sand Dollars
    Wow ... plenty of good places will suit your needs. A few of my favorites:

Sunset Grille in West OC lets you drink while lusting over some very nice boats in the marina
    Harborside in West OC has a very nice open air experience and a view of some very old, beat-up commercial fishing vessels
    BJ's 75th Street on the bay has long been a favorite although we usually end up at the bar inside after eating outside because it's such a cool bar
    45th Street Taphouse has a long-hidden outstanding bay view deck
    Fish Tales on 22nd to me combines Fagers and Mackeys into a nice feet-in-the-sand evening

Sand Dollars
    Sounds like your party is just over 21 and your cup of tea is going to be Seacrets, DeLazy Lizard and the Party Block pool bar scene(they try to mimic Vegas)
    have fun

Sand Dollars
    Really excited to try the Frog Bar.

I havent ever been to Seacrets but I heard it's quite the train wreck more often than not (at night time), also, my bf and I are pretty introverted, but I'd like to get out and try things out and see how it is anyway. I will post an update on the good and the bad, where ever we end up eating/drinking.

Sand Dollars
    Curious how this is going to go.....I am 26 and bar hop frequently, and average evening would be hitting about 5 places in OC, then sleep it off on the beach the next morning after I wake up lol

On a side note I am huge fan of flagging down a cab, not expensive and much faster then the bus...

Sand Dollars
    Hammerheads on the Boardwalk also is great for people-watching.