+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Fishing license?

Do you need a fishing license to fish in OC? thanks

Sand Dollars
    on charters boats,none required,pier and surf,not sure,but I think not....I guess this helps a little.

Sand Dollars
    Yes, you need an license to fish in OC (ocean or bay) unless the place you are fishing is a commercial pier or charter or rental boat that has a license to cover their customers.

Go to this site for the info you need: http://www.oysterbaytackle.com/index.php/faq/21-faqs/19-faq.html

Note that you can now fish from the Northside Park Pier and Chicago Avenue bulkhead without a license.

Sand Dollars
    i figured you did..anything to get more $$$$...just like the parking down there..raising it..and putting more metered parking on some of the back roads..it is expensve enough to go to OC without raising the price to park..

Sand Dollars
    The license fee was actually imposed by the state - OC lobbied to get exceptions for Northside park and the Chicago Ave bulkhead. Here's a parking hint - The inlet lot is about twice the price of the other municipal lots right near by. Park near Sunset Park (the lot with the water tower) to save some dough.

Sand Dollars
    thanks OCGuy,,i actually printed this out..and will leave it in our condo for our guests..