+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Melvin's Steak House

is about to become de Lazy Lizard Brew Pub. Lizard also opening a spot on the Boardwalk this summer.

Sand Dollars
    what street on the boardwalk?
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    What hapened to Melvin's? I've never been in there, I've only ever drove past it.I always thought the name was funny though. I'm going to have to check out this De Lazy Lizard place. I've seen a lot about it on the forum.

Sand Dollars
    I seen the sign up for the "brew pub" yesterday - Usually when I hear "Brew Pub", I think of a micro brewery that runs as a restaurant/ bar typically brewing the beer on premises (we have some fantastic ones here in Pittsburgh). I think there IS a real market for this concept in OC, BUT....I'd be VERY surprised to hear that the lizard is getting into the micro brew biz though.... Anybody have more detailed info??

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by bar2008 View Post
    what street on the boardwalk?
    Between 4th and 5th in of all things, a former Sunsations. Now there will be only 80 Sunsations instead of 81.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    I seen the sign up for the "brew pub" yesterday - Usually when I hear "Brew Pub", I think of a micro brewery that runs as a restaurant/ bar typically brewing the beer on premises (we have some fantastic ones here in Pittsburgh). I think there IS a real market for this concept in OC, BUT....I'd be VERY surprised to hear that the lizard is getting into the micro brew biz though.... Anybody have more detailed info??
    http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/2...ed-downtown-OC

Sand Dollars
    Sounds good!!! - I stand by my original statement - "I AM very surprised"... Just about every brew pub I've been too has had excellent food (simple but very good) hopefully they'll step up the menu, and concentrate on customer service -- Two major things lacking in the current business. IMO

Sand Dollars
    Cool! My Fiance will be happy to see this. He loves Burley Oak and microbrews in general. So many places to go to this summer, so little vacation time!

Sand Dollars
    So what is going to happen to Melvins,are they moving or what,I love Melvins,I remember when they were on the boardwalk.

Sand Dollars
    Wayne Odachowski must not have been an undercover boss in his own place (de lizard)! If he had--he would talk not about depleting the quality of "SERVICE"!!!