+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    I'm with KDOG2, just outside Charles Town, WV. About 210 miles. 3.5 hours by car or 4.5 to 5.0 with the camper attached.

Sand Dollars
    It's about 1800 miles. Spend two nights in motel and arrive about 2:00pm on the 3rd day. That's if we don't do any side stops, like Charleston (one of our favorites) then it may take two weeks to get there!

Sand Dollars
    359 miles about 7 hours with a quick stop

Sand Dollars
    I wish it was only 6 or 7 miles away for me! But I've often thought about how it would change my thoughts of the beach if I lived there or lived closed. Since I'm 160 some miles away I can really only go on weekend where as if I lived a few miles away I could go whenever. I look forward to the beach every year.

FPK & MCPOW- Have you always lived that close to Ocean City or did you move there?

Sand Dollars
    Highball- Wow! That's a trip! Sounds like it would be fun though to spend a few weeks out of the house and site seeing! Do you visit Ocean city once a year or are you able to make more than one trip?

Flaggerjohn- When I was younger we would camp at FrontierTown and I remember it taking a lot longer to get to the beach with the camper. Hauling stuff always made for a more interesting trip than just driving

Sand Dollars
    OCLove,
    I have lived here all my life, born and raised.

Sand Dollars
    That's awesome! Since you live at the beach where do you like to vacation? Do you ever stay at the hotels in OC?

Sand Dollars
    Depending on the Route I take, it is 165 to 185 miles - It usually takes about 3:15, but I can make in just under 3 on a good day.

Sand Dollars
    197 long miles......

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCLove View Post
    I wish it was only 6 or 7 miles away for me! But I've often thought about how it would change my thoughts of the beach if I lived there or lived closed. Since I'm 160 some miles away I can really only go on weekend where as if I lived a few miles away I could go whenever. I look forward to the beach every year.

FPK & MCPOW- Have you always lived that close to Ocean City or did you move there?
    I moved to Ocean Pines full time after retiring 2 1/2 years ago. I've owned in the Pines for 6 years. I moved from Rockville, Montgomery County, MD just outside of DC, a 2 1/2 hour drive without traffic. I really love it out here, and don't miss the DC congestion and traffic at all. There's nothing better than the spring and fall week days that have outstanding weather, and there's almost no one around. And don't even get me started on the winter mid-week restaurant specials. The one thing I've noticed is I'm losing that feeling I used to get when I was still working and I came across the Rt. 90 bridge and first saw the OC skyline.
    Last edited by fpk; 03-14-2013 at 11:21 AM.