+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Restaurant/Bar WebCams

I am an OC WebCam junkie. Although during this time of year, the outdoor cams get kinda slow. I was wondering if anyone knew of any restaurant/bars that have indoor cams. I am aware of a couple, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any that I have not yet viewed.

Cams that I know of:
    Seacrets
    Hoopers

There are also a few places that advertise that they have indoor webcams, but either don't have them anymore or never had them to begin with. Fager's Island used to have a great webcam that enabled you to view their stage and their entertainment. They don't have it anymore. I've sent numerous emails over the past two years asking about it, but they won't respond.

De Lazy Lizard has advertised a webcam on their site since the site it was launched, but they've never even had one. Again, I've sent them emails and messages too, but they never responded.

Just wondering if you guys knew of any cams worth viewing.

Sand Dollars
    i'm a webcam junkie as well,always looking for new cams. The Purple Moose advertised a web cam about 2 years ago and it never did show one,i e-mailed them ,and they never responded.

Sand Dollars
    Yeah. I remember that too. Another place that used to advertise a webcam but never had one was Castaways (now Dead Freddies). Sometimes I email various bars and restaurants asking if they ever thought about putting a webcam in their business. I rarely get a response. I was never in Hooper's or Fager's until about 5 years ago. I've always known about them but never thought about going there. I've gone to both places several times since they got webcams. Their cams got me interested in trying their establishment. I'm not trying to tell restaurants that, without a webcam, they won't keep a healthy business, but it's cool when they have them in their place.

Sand Dollars
    Thanks Terp. I have those too. They are cool during the vacation season. Do you know of any cams INSIDE any bars/restaurants?

Sand Dollars
    years ago, wasn't there a webcam on one of the boardwalk trams? Anyone know if that is still the case?
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by bar2008 View Post
    years ago, wasn't there a webcam on one of the boardwalk trams? Anyone know if that is still the case?
    If you want REAL entertainment - put em in the buses! (w/microphones!!!)

Sand Dollars
    The Tram Cam was around for a very short period of time. From what I remember it hardly worked even when it was working. Not sure where it went. It's currently not working but Crab Alley has/had a great webcam that overlooked that part of the bay. I used to love watching it when I was on 3rd shift because you would see the sun rise and watch the fishermen and crabbers head out in the AM. It was real time too.

Sand Dollars
    Crab alley still has a link on their page, but unfortunately for me it does not work on my smartphone.

Sand Dollars
    Yeah Crab Alley does have a great outdoor cam. The Tram Cam was a great idea and one in every three pics from it were great. The other two out of the three were always blurry. At the end, the Tram Cam kept posting pics of the lot it was parked in until it was officially retired.

Update on the De Lazy Lizard Cam: On facebook, I asked them when they were putting up their cam. The response I got: "What happens at De Lazy Lizard, stays at De Lazy Lizard." I then advised them to update their website then, since they've advertised a webcam since the launched the site. The never responded. Kinda funny. I guess I should check out their site to see if they took down the link to their fictitious cam.