+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sand Dollars
    We went to Station 7 tonight for an early dinner, it was our first time eating there. Building on Dean's review earlier, there was no hostess in front but the waitress called over to us and told us that we can seat ourselves which was fine. The restaurant wasn't too crowded with diners, being about 5 PM, and the one waitress there, Helena (sp?) was hopping. She was definitely able to take it in stride as she was great about keeping the drinks filled and checking on us.

Now the food: We were intrigued by the write-up on the 5-alarm wings ("you've been warned" and "no refund") and we just had to try them as we are hard pressed to find truly hot wing in the OC area. OK, hands down these are the hottest wings in the OC area (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). They were cooked well but a touch more crisp wouldn't hurt. The taste of the sauce was just OK, not very complex or robust and a bit overloaded on the Habanero. Unless the recipe changes, this is a one-timer appetizer for us.

My wife ordered the pulled pork barbeque sandwich with coleslaw. The pork was cooked well but as Dean noted, waaayyy too much sugar in the sauce. She did like the coleslaw. I ordered the special 2 soft-shell crabs for $11.95. My expectations were fairly low since I know that had to be frozen being this far in front of crab season. I was a bit surprised at the presentation, or lack of presentation, as the plate had the two soft-shelled crabs and on the side of the plate was a wedge of lemon on a piece of lettuce. I requested from the waitress some tartar sauce which she promptly brought out. The taste was pretty much what you would expect from frozen soft-shell crabs but they were cooked well, not too crisp.

All in all it was a good experience. We will probably be back but I really hope that they back off on the sugar in their barbeque sauce or provide an alternative sauce because they have got a good start with the smoked meat.

Sand Dollars
    dctech, first thanks for sharing you views. In a way I was glad to hear that it wasn't just me, but mostly I'm disappointed to hear things still sound a little UNDERWHELMING..... I gotta ask - what did you/your wife think about the pulled pork sandwich over all? Did it look as bad as the one I had??

Sand Dollars
    I didn't pay too much attention to it overall as I was put off by the sauce but my wife says the bun was too small and the dusting of paprika on plate (?) was weird as well. She said that the coleslaw was the only thing that saved it.

Sand Dollars
    Have a group of guys coming down next week. Thought about checking this place out. Anyone been there recently? (these are burger, wings, beer kind of guys)

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by lowagony View Post
    Have a group of guys coming down next week. Thought about checking this place out. Anyone been there recently? (these are burger, wings, beer kind of guys)
    I haven't been there in a while, but I like others was underwhelmed. They were only in their first month of operation then, so I'll probably give them another shot sometime.