+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sand Dollars
    How did the raffle do on Wednesday night?

Sand Dollars

Thumbs up

Obviously not very well since Shawn was blowing up this page before the event and has vanished ever since.

Sand Dollars
    ouch!, good one Imightknow
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    I hope it went well. I think Shawn may be the wife of a local guy who claims to be a fundraiser. He posted on Fish Tales facebook page trying to sell Hurricane Sandy coins stating "all proceeds will go to the hurricane victims." Being the skeptical one, I called him out and it turned out only like 30 percent of the money will benefit the victims after absorbing his "costs." Plus, there was no guarantee that any money would go to OC victims. If you saw the coin, it probably costs $0.50. There were some FB responders that believed he was donating the coins so that was shot down pretty early. His company is not a registered non-profit so donations are not tax deductible donations but simply purcahses of the coins. His company gets to take the donation. Fish Tales correctly deleted the postings. Back to the Bradley thing, he stated that his wife was organizing the benefit. Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by terp84alum; 11-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    The location of the fundraiser alone is enough to make it suspect! Would you pick it??

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by terp84alum View Post
    I hope it went well. I think Shawn may be the wife of a local guy who claims to be a fundraiser. He posted on Fish Tales facebook page trying to sell Hurricane Sandy coins stating "all proceeds will go to the hurricane victims." Being the skeptical one, I called him out and it turned out only like 30 percent of the money will benefit the victims after absorbing his "costs." Plus, there was no guarantee that any money would go to OC victims. If you saw the coin, it probably costs $0.50. There were some FB responders that believed he was donating the coins so that was shot down pretty early. His company is not a registered non-profit so donations are not tax deductible donations but simply purcahses of the coins. His company gets to take the donation. Fish Tales correctly deleted the postings.
    Disappointing news. At least Monica Hanshaw's Facebook donation site returned 100 percent of donations received to the Bradley victims. I wonder if Bradley victims received any donations from Shawn's event Thanks for the research and post terp!

Sand Dollars
    Just to be clear, I don't know Shawn and she/he could be someone else and totally legit. I was just speculating based on the FB incident.
    Ken