+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hall;34379 As an experiment, I opened up this exact thread in IE8 by copying and pasting the URL and then timed the wait to load the page. It took 22 seconds to fully load this url:
    [url
    http://www.oceancity.com/forums/showthread.php?4194-Please-ask-us-a-question&p=34377#post34377[/url].
    Bob, I think you've found another piece to the puzzle here....

Sand Dollars
    I also don't like the bar on the right with the icons. It really gets in the way when reading, replying and even scrolling. Could it be moved to the bottom or something?

Sand Dollars
    I tried the link in IE & it took about 15 seconds to load the page. It could be why there doesn't seem to be as much activity here lately, although I know it is still winter. A lot of people do use IE for different reasons. After I switched to Chrome I've never gone back. I didn't have anything happen with the little links in IE though, they were still over on the right & small the same as they look for me in Chrome. I hope it gets fixed for those of you having problems.

Sand Dollars
    screen shot.jpg

If my "screen shot" worked is this what they look like to you Seashell? Or are they much bigger? (I've never added a pic on here so sorry in advance if it doesn't show up)

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Seashell View Post
    I also don't like the bar on the right with the icons. It really gets in the way when reading, replying and even scrolling. Could it be moved to the bottom or something?
    Seashell,
    Are you able to adjust your screen resolution?

Sand Dollars
    On my laptop the side bar isn't in the way at all. It's like that screen shot Melanie shared. When I'm on my pc I feel like it's trying to take over the world. I will have to experiment with the resolution, but I probably won't be able to change it because I use that computer for work. Thanks for the suggestion, it never even occurred to me that the resolution on my pc might be messing it up.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OC_Melanie View Post
    Attachment 135

If my "screen shot" worked is this what they look like to you Seashell? Or are they much bigger? (I've never added a pic on here so sorry in advance if it doesn't show up)
    Right! but.... for those using OLDER monitors & can't go any further w/ the resolution THIS is what they are forced to look at..
    screen2.jpg

ignore blue screen error msg - posted wrong pic by mistake. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DeanM; 03-02-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: poster wrong picture

Sand Dollars
    Thanks for sharing that pic DeanM that would drive me crazy, to have the links over the text like that. I hope it can get "fixed" for everyone having problems.

Sand Dollars
    1. This new format is just plain horrible. Way too slow to load. Even typing my answers take longer.
    2. I agree with everyone else that the bar on the right NEEDS TO GO!
    3. Is there even a Sanddollar program anymore? I'm planning a trip to OC soon and would like to cash them in before I come. If it's still available, there needs to be a sticky so we can just click on it.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I think in HTML you can add a percentage to the table to specify how much of the screen the table (in our case, the message board) takes up. At least thats the way it was years ago. It could have changed since then.