+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    I have a 19" square monitor set at 1024x678. Not all of us have new equipment

Sand Dollars
    I would be interested to know what browser you are using. IE 7 which I am using has been known to have slow loading issues with certain web codes.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I would be interested to know what browser you are using. IE 7 which I am using has been known to have slow loading issues with certain web codes.
    I think you are onto something there JackB as I was on IE 8 having loading issues. Last week I upgraded to IE 9 and have had no loading issues since with this site.
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    Yes, I should have mentioned that it was not just IE7 but IE 8 as well. If that is the case I hope it is addressed as I limit the times I now come to the forum because of that long load time.

Sand Dollars
    I'm using Google Chrome & have no problems so far. I haven't been visiting as much as before the "change" though.

Sand Dollars
    I've not had any loading issues, using Firefox, on both windows & mac.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Sea Clammer View Post
    I have a 19" square monitor set at 1024x678. Not all of us have new equipment
    That resolution is the reason why you have trouble. I'm assuming by your snark themed last sentence that your setting is at the max resolution. By the way, my monitor and video card were put in service in the summer of 2007. Not exactly blazing new technology there...

Sand Dollars
    I use Firefox for this site and the majority of others. There's a handful I use Chrome for. I only use IE to see how bad it's code has mauled up the website I have to maintain for work and I have to use IE to make online payments to my trash collector as it doesn't work in the others. As an experiment, I opened up this exact thread in IE8 by copying and pasting the URL and then timed the wait to load the page. It took 22 seconds to fully load this url:
    http://www.oceancity.com/forums/show...4377#post34377
    I'm still of the opinion that any version of IE is subpar.

Sand Dollars
    Bob, I appreciate you taking the time to test the two versions which points out the problem. My point is that many folks do use IE and I think the slow load times could minimize their posting to the forums. I have no idea how difficult it is to revise code to make those with IE load faster but hopefully the admimistrators will take note.

Sand Dollars
    Bob, I appreciate you taking the time to test the two versions which points out the problem. My point is that many folks do use IE and I think the slow load times could minimize their posting to the forums. I have no idea how difficult it is to revise code to make those with IE load faster but hopefully the admimistrators will take note.
    You're welcome.
    I agree, IE is still the most popular. I guess many people don't know of the better alternatives.
    As for the code, that's something I battle on a weekly basis. My employer's website was designed by and maintained by Microsoft software. It has never worked properly in IE and I'm always having to make tweaks to it every time I do an update just so it can function semi-normally in IE. If I and others can't make a website work as intended in IE using Microsoft problems, while they work great in the alternatives I really don't know what can be done.