+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Sand Dollars

Please ask us a question.

We are looking for questions and we will try to answer them.

Sand Dollars
    Can you change the icon colors to better distinguish between threads with read and unread posts?

Sand Dollars
    Perhaps it is me but I have not been fond of the changes in the forum. It now takes forever to load a page. The page will pop up quickly but then it needs to load multiple items which takes way to long. This does not happen on other forums I attend and wonder if it is a code problem?? There are also weird things like putting the cursor on "DISCUSS" at the top of page. The drop down box of links then appears quickly but as soon as the cursor is moved down to click on one of them it makes the box dissapear. It has some other idosyncracies as well but I do find myself visiting about half as many times as when using the old format just to avoid the hassles.

Sand Dollars
    Hi ! J'm a student who's planing to work in O.C next summer. Can anyone give me some inf. about the city ?? Is there enought work offers, how much is the private accomodation??? J'll be very gratefull if any of you tell me sth.about the city ...

Administrator
    Sand Dollars
    Are you still having trouble?

Sand Dollars
    Can we lose the face book bar to the right...it sucks

Administrator
    Sand Dollars
    Why is it bothering you? We need the links to social media and thought that was the most unobtrusive place to put them and still make them visible and valuable to those that use them.

Sand Dollars
    Well having to scroll around the darn thing to be able to read posts is a total pia. I haven't heard one positive comment about that bar, so apparently it is only "valuable" to the person who put it there. If you feel it's imperative to keep, then maybe position it above or below the post area. Why does it have to be in the middle of the screen making it necessary to scroll all over the place just to read a post.

Sand Dollars
    I never received an answer to why the site, unlike previous OC Forum, now takes so long to load. A page pops up immediately but then we wait 12 seconds for the page to load before being able to read each page. On most other forums this does not happen. It is really annoying.

Sand Dollars
    regarding the two previous posts above this. I do not have this problem at all. The stupid bar is not anywhere near the posts. What size monitor are you using and what is your resolution? I'm using a 20" monitor with a resolutions of 1680x1050.

As for load time, this forum loads up just as quick as the other forums I belong to. Basically, nothing has changed in that respect. Your problem may be browser related.