+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

The Princess Royale Hotel

Still putting together my 25th Wedding Anniversary Plans. I was wondering if anybody here had an experience with the Princess Royale Hotel on 9100 Coastal Highway. I've already read the reviews about the one that's bayside.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sand Dollars

Re: The Princess Royale Hotel

I haven't stayed there since the first year they opened and that was the oceanfront one, not the bayside. So of course, it was very nice then. I do have good friends however that have stayed there recently (oceanfront) and really enjoyed it. They were pleased with their rooms and the hotel in general.

I stayed at the Clarion the first week of this month and really enjoyed that hotel. Everything was clean and new, wonderful views, and the hotel has every ammenity. I would stay there again definitely. And of course, the Holiday Inn Suites on 17th is my favorite place to stay in OC. It's nice to walk out onto the boardwalk in the morning, and you can walk up to the Grand Hotel and grab a coffee and muffin or donut, and sit outside on their bistro tables and watch the early morning activity.

Don't know when your anniversary is or when you're planning to visit, but I just got an email from the Hilton that they are offering rooms for $129 a night right now. Don't know how long the offer is good for or what the conditions are, but it's worth considering.

Lots of good places to stay, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the Princess.

Sand Dollars
    An update to my original thread. I must compliment the Princess Royale Hotel for working with me to change my reservations twice for our recent trip. Our original Anniversary Plans had to be scrapped and because it was within their 7 day period, I risked losing my deposit. The agent did work with me and we rescheduled our trip for November 9th weekend. Then I got the brilliant idea of changing from the hot tub suite to two seperate rooms so two of my daughters could join us.

The hotel was very nice. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and accomodating. I had to do my on-call duties with work so I spent a bit of time in the business center. The business center was a nice room out of the way of normal hotel foot traffic. The rooms were very clean and well furnished. Each room was pool side on the 5th floor. The small kitchen was very nice and very clean. My daughters had a blast in the indoor pool which was also very well maintained. There was an indoor hot tub, two saunas and also two outdoor hot tubs that looked very nice.

I would stay at this hotel again in an instant.

Sand Dollars
    That was her favorite store on the Boardwalk. My wife, however will be glad to hear Salty Yarns is staying since that is her favorite. Thanks for the post, hopefully Travel Channel will re-air it and I can catch it at a later day.
    "AngeL BluE"

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by angelblue15 View Post
    That was her favorite store on the Boardwalk. My wife, however will be glad to hear Salty Yarns is staying since that is her favorite. Thanks for the post, hopefully Travel Channel will re-air it and I can catch it at a later day.
    Uh, I think you posted to the wrong thread. lol
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Uh, I think you posted to the wrong thread. lol
    Hey, lets not start getting TOO picky now - at least someone is posting SOMETHING....

LOL

Sand Dollars
    FJ....my two cents is worth nothing.....but the hotel looked VERY nice on a cocktail hour walkabout several years ago.

Sand Dollars
    A great hotel to stay. I think my husband and I found our preferred place to stay in ocean city! We went down for the Ocean City car show and we both enjoyed it.This hotel was the only hotel that had parking with an outlet. They made special accommodations with corner rooms have an excellent cross breeze and very spacious too.

Sand Dollars
    It's a very nice place to stay. I stay 2-3 times per year in the off season