+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

09/19/2012 to 09/21/2012 Report

Last week, I was able to make a quick 3 day trip with my oldest daughter. Thursday was my birthday and I didn't want to get stuck hanging out at home and being treated to the same old Cracker Barrel or McDonalds Dollar Menu with my wife. We hit the boardwalk Wednesday evening and had a small dinner at Shenanigan's Irish Pub. I had the Buxy's Roadkill Pig. My daughter had the MD Crab Soup and a Jumbo Stuffed Pretzel. Food and service were great. Friday, we went up early so she could hit the craft tents at Sunfest. Later on we hit the Wrapper. I had the bacon cheeseburger wrapper and she had some sort of pizza wrapper. They were both very good, but at almost $5.00 a piece, I'm not sure we'd do it very often. Thrashers Fries a little later and a Polish Water Ice. We walked most of the day up and down the boardwalk until dinner. We ended up at the Frog Bar again. We both had the Butch Burger and it was excellent. No frozen gray patty here. I was disappointed in the iced tea but pot rot iced tea seems to be the norm in OC and a little sweet and low cleared most of the sour taste.

Although not food related. This was our first time at Sunfest. It was a great day and we met so many nice people, especially the vendors inside the craft tents. Sunfest is a very nice, laid back weekend. None of the normal rude summer crowd on the Boardwalk either. The weather was gorgeous too.

Sand Dollars

Re: 09/19/2012 to 09/21/2012 Report

I'm sitting here trying to remember, but can't - I give up. Which one is the "Butch burger"?

Sand Dollars

Dean: I had to cheat because I forgot all that was on it. Here it goes:

Topped with crispy, thick cut bacon, melted swiss, lettuce, tomato & creamy ranch... Served w/ chips & a pickle. I forgot to mention, had to have the onion rings.

Sand Dollars

Sounds like a much better birthday than Crackerbarrell or Mickey D's. Happy belated birthday btw.

My wife and I ate at the Frog Bar for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I recommended that she get the burger based on the write-ups on this board. She is now a huge fan as her burger was outstanding. The tuna sandwich was the special for the day which sounded good to me. Boy was I glad I ordered it. It was the largest, juiciest, and tastiest tuna sandwich I can ever remember having. We sat outside on the railing looking over the harbor with clear blue skies and warm sunshine. A couple of Burley Oaks beers (I forget which kind) and the music in the background was enough to give us a slice of serenity while we were there. Can't wait to go back.

Sand Dollars

Thanks John, I remember looking at it on the menu, and it was one of my choices as I was narrowing it down, although I ended up getting the mushroom burger.... Since then, I've shamelessly stolen this idea, by marinating my own portabellas and serving them atop my own burgers. I have to admit while mine might be better, I'd much rather be enjoying one from The Frog Bar, severed up with a spectacular view of the inlet

Dctech, glad to hear the forum was helpful in you choosing The Frog Bar. I love the burgers here, but I'd be willing to give the tuna a shot, based on your recommendation. Also, I'm a Burley Oaks fan as well, I especially like the "Rude Boy"!