+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: What fare does OC need the most?

I think I really have some issues because I can't find anything I really like in OC..my wife and I usually wind up grabbing something from Rippons and going somewhere to chill out...love tip free dining.

I miss really good Asian, most is too sweet or MSG'd and I feel like a hangover in the morning...

Indian, haven't seen any lately...NAMASTE (? Spelling) in Salisbury gets good reviews...

I agree on the steaks...Outback uses select beef...lowest grade consumable by humans!...But really would enjoy a good steak that I didn't have to cook.

I like Greek..

Maybe a place with "Good Food" as the theme....a little from each?

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by NACLH2O

I think I really have some issues because I can't find anything I really like in OC.
    Are you being serious?

Why would you continue to vacation at spot where you couldn't find anything you like to eat??? I'm not trying to be smart, & I know we all have different taste buds, but I just couldn't imagine myself re-visiting a town, that I couldn't find anything I like to eat.

Sand Dollars

DeanM...yeah your right...I was being a bit sarcastic...but I live here, vacation will be somewhere else...

Sand Dollars

Are there any restaurants in or near OC that specialize in salads? With all of the great food to eat in OC, every so often we are in the mood for a specialty salad as a main course. In the DC area we have some chains such as Chop't, Sweetgreen, and Salad Creations where you can choose from a number of speciality salad mixes or you can choose to "make your own". Seems like there would be a decent demand for this fare, either on or off the boards.

Sand Dollars
    I would like a tapas place. Or small plates of any kind, it doesn't need to be spanish food. It would be fun to try all different seafood items.

Sand Dollars
    I'd like to see more American "Diner" type restaurants. For example, Brooklyn's Deli is one of my favorites back here in Gaithersburg.

Sand Dollars
    Is that Kabob place up in North OC any good? I meant to check it out but ran out of time. Kabob's and cheese steaks would be my only exceptions to my no meat while on vacation policy. Good Kabob's strike me as a good OC fare.

How about some food trucks -- especially for lunch -- at the end of streets with dune crossings? Would the town of OC tolerate that?

Sand Dollars
    A Chop't salad restaurant. THere are many places to get a salad, and even a few of them are good, but Chop't makes great salads. I would love to see one up around 20 or 30th street.

Sand Dollars
    One that serves darker green vegetables.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
    I'd like to see more American "Diner" type restaurants. For example, Brooklyn's Deli is one of my favorites back here in Gaithersburg.
    Roy's Place would be awesome in OC.