+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

What fare does OC need the most?

Just curious....

What kind of restaurants do we have but could be better or would like to have?

Italian

Mexican (Tex-Mex or Real-Mex)

American

Indian

Asian

Seafood

AUCE

Sand Dollars

Re: What fare does OC need the most?

27 views...no comments?

Sand Dollars

I often wonder why so many "views" with no comments...I suppose people dont know what to comment... lol

Sand Dollars

Stopped posting years ago because of all the snarky regulars

Sand Dollars

As someone who lives here but grew up across the bridge, I would say I'd like to have some good Indian or Chinese food available here. Not just crappy take-out joints, but actual restaurants.

Sand Dollars

Mediterranean/Greek?

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by tollerby7

As someone who lives here but grew up across the bridge, I would say I'd like to have some good Indian or Chinese food available here. Not just crappy take-out joints, but actual restaurants.
    I live over in Ocean Pines. I would agree there is no good Idian options in the OC/OP/Berlin area, but I really think Ho-Feng Garden in the Manklin Creek Shopping Center serves consistently good Chinese food. Yes, it's in the strip mall there, but Ms. Lilly keeps that operation humming. Decor and atmosphere is great for strip mall Chinese/Sushi Restaurant and the food is great in my opinion. Not a sushi fan, but the sushi I see while waiting for my take-out order being served up looks great. If you really got a knack for Chinese, make the trip across Route 90 and check it out.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by mink66

Quote Originally Posted by tollerby7

I live over in Ocean Pines. I would agree there is no good Idian options in the OC/OP/Berlin area, but I really think Ho-Feng Garden in the Manklin Creek Shopping Center serves consistently good Chinese food. Yes, it's in the strip mall there, but Ms. Lilly keeps that operation humming. Decor and atmosphere is great for strip mall Chinese/Sushi Restaurant and the food is great in my opinion. Not a sushi fan, but the sushi I see while waiting for my take-out order being served up looks great. If you really got a knack for Chinese, make the trip across Route 90 and check it out.
    Yeah, you are right about that. I tend to forget about that place--maybe because its in the Pines. But I have been there before and did enjoy it. Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to go check it out again.

Sand Dollars

I would really enjoy a place to get a good steak. A good porterhouse, t-bone, or strip. I know Ruth's Chris has great steaks, but I'm talking about on island without having to drive across the bay. I'm not a fan of Outback.

I would just like a perfectly ordinary grilled steak made with quality meat and seasoned with just salt and pepper (no sauce, no gook on top, nothing fancy). That to me is one thing that is lacking in OC. We've found plenty of good prime rib, and we enjoy the scampi new york strip at Captain's Table, but sometimes when you're in OC for a while you want just a steak and potato and veggie/salad.

Just my opinion.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL

I would really enjoy a place to get a good steak. A good porterhouse, t-bone, or strip. I know Ruth's Chris has great steaks, but I'm talking about on island without having to drive across the bay. I'm not a fan of Outback.

I would just like a perfectly ordinary grilled steak made with quality meat and seasoned with just salt and pepper (no sauce, no gook on top, nothing fancy). That to me is one thing that is lacking in OC. We've found plenty of good prime rib, and we enjoy the scampi new york strip at Captain's Table, but sometimes when you're in OC for a while you want just a steak and potato and veggie/salad.

Just my opinion.
    They tried a steakhouse on top of the Embers, but it only lasted two seasons or so. It's ironic since before Embers became a buffet food factory, back in the late 70's early 80's it had a much smaller footprint and served some of the best steaks I'd ever had.