Sign Up|Sign In|Contact|Advertise
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21
    Sand Dollars
    281

    What fare does OC need the most?

    Just curious....

    What kind of restaurants do we have but could be better or would like to have?

    Italian

    Mexican (Tex-Mex or Real-Mex)

    American

    Indian

    Asian

    Seafood

    AUCE

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21
    Sand Dollars
    281

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    27 views...no comments?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    378
    Sand Dollars
    3,271

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    I often wonder why so many "views" with no comments...I suppose people dont know what to comment... lol

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    25
    Sand Dollars
    89

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    Stopped posting years ago because of all the snarky regulars

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    85
    Sand Dollars
    869

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    As someone who lives here but grew up across the bridge, I would say I'd like to have some good Indian or Chinese food available here. Not just crappy take-out joints, but actual restaurants.

  6. #6
    Senior Member terp84alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,050
    Sand Dollars
    6,671

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    Mediterranean/Greek?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    522
    Sand Dollars
    2,176

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by tollerby7

    As someone who lives here but grew up across the bridge, I would say I'd like to have some good Indian or Chinese food available here. Not just crappy take-out joints, but actual restaurants.
    I live over in Ocean Pines. I would agree there is no good Idian options in the OC/OP/Berlin area, but I really think Ho-Feng Garden in the Manklin Creek Shopping Center serves consistently good Chinese food. Yes, it's in the strip mall there, but Ms. Lilly keeps that operation humming. Decor and atmosphere is great for strip mall Chinese/Sushi Restaurant and the food is great in my opinion. Not a sushi fan, but the sushi I see while waiting for my take-out order being served up looks great. If you really got a knack for Chinese, make the trip across Route 90 and check it out.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    85
    Sand Dollars
    869

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by mink66

    Quote Originally Posted by tollerby7

    As someone who lives here but grew up across the bridge, I would say I'd like to have some good Indian or Chinese food available here. Not just crappy take-out joints, but actual restaurants.
    I live over in Ocean Pines. I would agree there is no good Idian options in the OC/OP/Berlin area, but I really think Ho-Feng Garden in the Manklin Creek Shopping Center serves consistently good Chinese food. Yes, it's in the strip mall there, but Ms. Lilly keeps that operation humming. Decor and atmosphere is great for strip mall Chinese/Sushi Restaurant and the food is great in my opinion. Not a sushi fan, but the sushi I see while waiting for my take-out order being served up looks great. If you really got a knack for Chinese, make the trip across Route 90 and check it out.
    Yeah, you are right about that. I tend to forget about that place--maybe because its in the Pines. But I have been there before and did enjoy it. Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to go check it out again.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Z06RL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,220
    Sand Dollars
    7,517

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    I would really enjoy a place to get a good steak. A good porterhouse, t-bone, or strip. I know Ruth's Chris has great steaks, but I'm talking about on island without having to drive across the bay. I'm not a fan of Outback.

    I would just like a perfectly ordinary grilled steak made with quality meat and seasoned with just salt and pepper (no sauce, no gook on top, nothing fancy). That to me is one thing that is lacking in OC. We've found plenty of good prime rib, and we enjoy the scampi new york strip at Captain's Table, but sometimes when you're in OC for a while you want just a steak and potato and veggie/salad.

    Just my opinion.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    266
    Sand Dollars
    2,144

    Re: What fare does OC need the most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL

    I would really enjoy a place to get a good steak. A good porterhouse, t-bone, or strip. I know Ruth's Chris has great steaks, but I'm talking about on island without having to drive across the bay. I'm not a fan of Outback.

    I would just like a perfectly ordinary grilled steak made with quality meat and seasoned with just salt and pepper (no sauce, no gook on top, nothing fancy). That to me is one thing that is lacking in OC. We've found plenty of good prime rib, and we enjoy the scampi new york strip at Captain's Table, but sometimes when you're in OC for a while you want just a steak and potato and veggie/salad.

    Just my opinion.
    They tried a steakhouse on top of the Embers, but it only lasted two seasons or so. It's ironic since before Embers became a buffet food factory, back in the late 70's early 80's it had a much smaller footprint and served some of the best steaks I'd ever had.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Ocean City Maryland Hotels and Info for the Perfect OC Vacation | OceanCity.com
Get SocialGet Social
Facebook Twitter Flickr Pinterest