Thread: 2012 Dining

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

2012 Dining

Just got back from a week long trip to Ocean City. No need to comment on the staples - Tony's Pizza, Thrasher's, Boogs, Dough Roller, Daytons, Shenanigans, The Wrapper, but I need want to point out some good dining experiences.

Crab Alley - I've done the bar specials and the AYCE, but I've never done an entre before. Sat out on the deck and got a great view of the West OC Harbour. I had a grilled Mako entre, with a generous cut of mako shark. I rarely take home doggy bags, but they give you a ton of hush puppies, which were excellent.

Harrison's Harbor Watch - I have never set foot in this place before as I've always heard mixed reviews. Stopped in for lunch one day. They might just have the best cream of crab soup in Ocean City. I had an order of BBQ shrimp with bacon and cheese. It was very good, and I thought the prices were fair for seafood. Plus, my goodness, the view. Amazing.

Fish Tales - For the first time in my life, I finally tried fish tacos. They offered two big tacos with delicious mahi mahi. I will surely be going back for more next time I'm in OC.

Marina Deck - I've always loved this place, but never really liked the plastic deck chairs in the dining room. They have been replaced with director type chairs which were much more comfortable. I had a stuffed flounder with great portions. They now offer a tropical salad with lettuce, fruit, shrimp, and a honey dressing. Great meal.

Peppers - I finally got a chance to try their breakfast. I had a huge omelette stuffed with cheese and sausage. They also had great home fries. Also, on Tuesdays, they have specials on burritos. I had the Texas beef, and it was incredible. The beef was perfectly seasoned.

Until next time OC.

Sand Dollars

Re: 2012 Dining

Great write up. Thanks

Sand Dollars

Kds, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Sounds like you really got yourself out of your comfort zone, and into trying some new things - good for you! I've always believed that one of Ocean City's greatest attributes, is it's ability to always offer up, what seems like endless opportunities to try new places. Even is you vacation here multiple times a year, or take up permanent residency, the choices from year to year are almost endless.

Peppers is one of my favorite breakfast spots as well, my son loves ordering a pancake as big as his face, and I kinda dig the make your own Bloody Mary bar!

Sand Dollars

We had dinner at the Marina Deck a couple weeks ago and were very pleased. The decor is updated in clean blue and white, and the director chairs are very comfortable. The food was great, especially the steamed shrimp which they serve with their house made crab sauce rather than cocktail sauce. It's the perfect thing with the shrimp.........so much better than cocktail sauce.

Sounds like you had a great time and some very good food.

Sand Dollars

I always like to try a couple of new places each year. There are so many places, I'd really be cheating myself if I hit that same exact places every year.

Z,

You're right. Marina Deck does have some of the best steamed shrimp I've ever had.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098
    I always like to try a couple of new places each year. There are so many places, I'd really be cheating myself if I hit that same exact places every year.

Yea, that's always a tough one for me - trying to figure out which places cut in order to try new ones.

Sand Dollars

I made the sacrifice this year and it turned out to be a pretty good choice and got to try 2 really good new options to add to my list.

Sand Dollars

Dean and others....I've never been to a Bloody Mary bar. I know Sm. Magee's has one. Do you pour your own liquor?

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by captpat

Dean and others....I've never been to a Bloody Mary bar. I know Sm. Magee's has one. Do you pour your own liquor?

No, they pour the liquor and you add your choice of mix and ingredients.