Thread: New Site Launch

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

New Site Launch Issues

I would like to thank everyone involved in getting this new site up and running. It it good to see that the content from the previous site was moved. It may be that not all of the site functionality has been implemented but I've identified some issues that I've run into so far:

1. Search does not seem to be working
    2. The font for the post titles on the forum pages is really hard to read
    3. The current time is 4 hours later than EST
    4. Insertion of smiley faces only inserts the character equivalents and not the image itself.
    5. In the prior site, the golf thread was below many of the more active threads. Could we do the same on this new site?

Thanks again for getting this site up so quickly!!
    Last edited by dctech; 09-30-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Administrator
    Sand Dollars
    Excellent feedback, thanks so much. Since the forum consists almost entirely of posts migrated from our old forum software, none of the threads were in the search index. I just rebuilt the index and now it is finding tons of treads for searches like "Winterfest", "boardwalk", etc. Before it would come up with no results, oops

We accidentally left the default time zone as GMT when it should be GMT-5 as you noted. This has been updated, but everybody's time zone was still GMT. So I went in the database and set everyone with Eastern time, sorry for the few of you not on the East Coast.

Testing some smiley faces now, they seem to be turned on in the back end so hopefully this works:

Looks like Ann already moved the Golf section down, and we're going to be working on the fonts for post titles, breadcrumbs, etc. soon because we agree they are way too small and hard to read. Thanks again!

-Michael S.

Sand Dollars
    Awesome. Thanks for your quick turnaround on these requests.