+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: When your beach becomes the surfing beach

Quote Originally Posted by DeanM

having to wake up and look out my balcony and see flags up for a surfing beach - That would be a good problem to have...

True story. Only 49 weeks until the next visit Dean. Assuming you don't go back for Easter.

Sand Dollars

If our government ran as well as the beach rotation we'd all be better off.

smwpgh
    Sand Dollars

Wow, you must be something to deal with on a daily basis. Not just me, but others on here plainly reject your central point of establishing a permanant surfing beach. It isnt going to happen, nor should it.

I take great offense to you saying that I am using your disability to criticize you. Where does it say this or where could you have interpreted this? Maybe you look for this in any situation where someone disagrees with you? I openly say that I am sorry to hear of your disabilty. Its right there in black and white, and so we are all straight, I will say it again, "I am sorry to hear of your disability." The ADA has made great strides in changing the world so that you can lead an active and full life, and I applaud and support that. However, expecting your disability to infringe on others rights or to change what is recognized, widely, as a fair and equitable solution to the surfing issue is wrong on your part. The vast majority of people on here think that your argument for eliminating the surfing beach rotation was wrong. That is the central thesis of this debate on this forum and the question that I answered with my opinion. It is YOU who have now taken this to a mean-spirited level. How dare you call me that and insinuate that I am not sensitive to people with disabilities, simply because I dont agree with your point!

For your argument, like a politician, you want to get into the nuances of the definition and my use of the word "if". C'mon, get real. I could have used the word "if" or used the word "since", either way, my intended meaning remains the same, and I believe was interpreted correctly by just about everyone on here....everyone but you of course. So, I will try it again, "SINCE you have a disability that could be impacted by the rotating surfer schedule, I believe the obligation is YOURS, to ask the hotel, condo owner, or rental agency if the surfer beach rotation will effect your stay this, or in one of the next 20 years.". "IF your limitations are so severe, I would think this would become a common way for you to organize your life. Ask if the situation you are about to enter into could be affected due to the limitations that your disability places upon you. I would compare this to my son who has a peanut allergy. When we go to a restaraunt it is OUR obligation to ask them if a a dish has peanuts in it. We would NEVER, EVER, suppose that because he cannot eat peanuts that they entire restaurant not be able to serve a dish with peanuts in it. We have a uniqueness, like you do, so the obligation becomes OURS to ask.

I would love to hear of the beaches that use your solution. Unless they were set up from their very inception as surfing only, and purchased by people with that sole interest, I doubt very much that any condo assoc, or hotel would want to invest in beachfront property that the majority of their populace could not use, daily? Having said that, surfers also have rights to the beach and surf, and the vast majority on here think that the system they set up is more than fair and equitable for all. The supposition being that if someone would be impacted negatively by this that they do their due diligence and ASK before hand.

I am sorry if this is long, but I really take offense to this persons accusations against me. They are baseless and totally fabricated. So, unless he/she again nitpicks on a word I use and again makes slanderous accusations against me, I am done on the subject. For the record, to answer, again, the initial inquiry, the system OC has set up is fair and equitable. If one has an issue with it, it would behoove them to ask questions ahead of time to assure a surfer-beach-free stay. If one stumbles upon it unwittingly, they need to "grin and bear it" being safe in the knowledge that the beaches and surf need to cater to many different people with different interests and with different needs, and that this imposition will not impact your beach on that day for the next 20 years. Kind of makes the condo search a no-brainer during that time, right?

Sand Dollars

yea!

what he said...

smwpgh
    Sand Dollars

LOL

Sand Dollars

Well said smwpgh and I've been a paraplegic all my life (since may of 1974)

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by bar2008

Really? What happened?

boboshe
    Sand Dollars

Thanks Mink66 for the website, I just found out the surf beach will be on our street while we're down. I look at it as an opportunity to see that surfer entertainment!

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by VitiminJ

Quote Originally Posted by bar2008

Really? What happened?

I was born with Spina Bifida

smwpgh
    Sand Dollars

Your putting "if" in italics still shows that you not only cannot read the written word but are also totally insincere in your apology. It shows that you are quite petty, and, in the face of opposition to your incredibly ridiculous position, you make slanderous accusations that are totally fabricated and based upon the nitpicking of a single word even when entire sentences I have written directly contradict it. Therefore, your apology is not accepted. In my original post (which is no longer there) I clearly said "I am sorry to hear about your disabilty. In my last response, I clearly spelled it out for you once again. " I am sorry to hear about your disability". Yet you still seem to think that I have some sort of bias against those with a disabilty. This is incredulous to me, cuts to my character, and is totally unfounded. You still insist on debating the meaning and intention of the word "if" in my response, when others, including those with a more severe disabilty than you, clearly understood my meaning and fail to see this imaginary bias. Now, I do have a bias against those who throw out insipid arguments and look to change regulations that other regard as fair and equitable for their own personal gain, with no regard to how it effects countless others. Lets do the math. They overturn the migratory surfer beaches just for you. It benefits you and maybe only you on that one day...out of 20 years. Great thinking. Yes, lets do that! What about the hundreds of others who rented oceanfront property that year...or for the following 20? What about the owners who invested in ocean front property that was to be open to all? What are their rights? That you would even consider this fair...well, that, is entitlement! But enough of your pettiness and inability to admit that you were either wrong or were not thinking clearly. Lets get back to the argument at hand, which, by the way, I have always set as the basis for my responses in this thread. It is you who turned this personal. Lets also not forget that you have yet to provide even one shred of proof that you were at any other beach that had static surfer beaches set. Just threw that out there because it sounded good, right? Just like your slanderous comments about me sounded good, right? Nah, all it does is shred what little credibility you have. The point remains that a rational human being sees the equity in the system of a rotating surfer beach. If one, for whatever reason, would have their enjoyment of the beach compromised by this system, the obligation is THEIRS to ask ahead of time and act accordingly. One other point, maybe opinion boards are not for you if you feel the need to resort to such baldfaced lying and character assassinations to those who present an argument against yours.