+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: When your beach becomes the surfing beach

I see your point deedee. I guess what amazes me about your experience is that people walking up/down didn't notice there was an ocean full of surfers for an entire block.

Sand Dollars

Like others I too have had our beach turned into the "surfing beach" a time or 2, but we just went up or down the shore a little piece and moved on with life... didn't upset me then and wouldn't upset me now.

Walking in the surfs edge while others are on surf boards is not only stupid it's dangerous too!

Sand Dollars

I think it's a great system. Ocean City has great surf and surfers should be able to take advantage of it. I sometimes walk an extra block down the beach just because it's too crowded in one spot so I wouldn't mind having to do the same because I was on a surfing block.

Sand Dollars

DD....if the whistle blower was not a lifeguard, who do you think she was? A random crazy?

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by captpat

DD....if the whistle blower was not a lifeguard, who do you think she was? A random crazy?

Thats a good question. I thought it was a lifegaurd.

Sand Dollars

Okay, I say if it ain't broken don't try to fix it. It is definitely not broken. It works, leave it alone.

smwpgh
    Sand Dollars

Au contraire...I have no problem at all discussing an issue, and, in fact, only stated my opinion which was counter to yours, and you had a problem with it. If your back ailment is so severe and limiting, I think you have one more search criteria you need to add to your repetoire when considering where to stay....ask if the surfer beach designation will impact your stay. My point is that the obligation is yours....asking OC, condo owners, hotel operators, etc. to change a system that is generally recognized as fair, consistent, rational and, as tczop noted, not broken, has an air of entitlement about it, doesn't it?

Sand Dollars

http://oceancitymd.gov/newsletter/11.pdf

Here is an article about the surfining beaches in the link above. Some interesting facts I did not know about are contained within it.

The girl in the green swimsuit was probably one of the "surf beach facilitators" as mentioned in the article.

Also, say your beach happened to be one of the designated surfing beaches on July 4th, 2010. The rotation will not repeat on the same day until 2024.

Sand Dollars

The explaination of the rotation only proves its the best way to handle it. I looked up the schedule also. Surf beach is not near us for the week we are there. Too bad I like watching them. I have also rented boards from Malibus before with my oldest. I would hate to have to show up all the locals on their home surf!

Sand Dollars

I honestly can't believe we are still discussing this....

It's been 3 weeks since I've been back home from my vacation. Right about now, having to wake up and look out my balcony and see flags up for a surfing beach - That would be a good problem to have...