+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sand Dollars
    Clarion is the best place to stay with pets in the off-season. They have a "potty park" with grass, and poo-poo bags to clean up the waste.

Also, one thing that could be a negative or a positive, is that there are generally a lot of pets that use this potty park. If your pet is shy around other dogs, or would want to play rather than do their business then that should be taken into consideration.

That being said, we always take our shelties to the "potty park" they love it there, especially when they can meet new friends, we have a condo at Marigot Beach, so I cannot say how the rooms actually are, but those that I have talked to that are staying there love it.

Sand Dollars

Pet Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by RythmSis View Post
    thanks Z. My mom would want to stay here rather than the comfort in because of the indoor pool. so this might be the winner if we go.
    Hi, RythmSis! Did you end up staying at the Clarion? How was it?

Sand Dollars
    I know it is a little late for your Thanksgiving trip but....we were having the carpets replaced with tile in our condo a few weeks ago and we did stay at The Grand with our dog for three days. They allow pets in the off season on the second floor since the rooms are tiled. We were very happy with the room; #209 (oceanview was partially blocked by the deck roof but no big deal) since it was only $59 + $20 for the dog less a AAA discount. The room was very big (bathroom was very tight but nice) for what we expected and they all have a coffee pot, fridge and microwave. The rooms are in need of some sprucing up (wallpaper starting to peel quite a bit) but there was absolutely no pet odor or signs of any pets even staying there. I'd recommend it if you have a pet.

Sand Dollars
    tczop, we stayed there last year for a night, while the room was fine, one thing I thought was odd - they have a kitchen in there with no pots, pans, plates, or silverware what so ever! We weren't planning on using any of that, but I just don't understand the concept.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    one thing I thought was odd - they have a kitchen in there with no pots, pans, plates, or silverware what so ever! We weren't planning on using any of that, but I just don't understand the concept.
    5 finger discount from a previous vistor to that room? In all seriousness, that does sound odd that there was no silverware or any other cooking utensils, etc in the room
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    tczop, we stayed there last year for a night, while the room was fine, one thing I thought was odd - they have a kitchen in there with no pots, pans, plates, or silverware what so ever! We weren't planning on using any of that, but I just don't understand the concept.
    Dean, You are right on that. We only used the fridge and coffee pot but I did look in the cabinets and drawers...absolutely bare. Guess you have to bring your own EVERYTHING for the kitchen! lol

Sand Dollars
    lol I don't know.... If you went there looking to cook your Thanksgiving feast you'd be S.O.L.

Maybe you're supposed to call down to the front desk as you need stuff?

Sand Dollars
    I was very glad to see this thread. My fiance (Andrew) and I have a dog and we've thought about taking her with us but didn't know who accepted pets.

We always fel so bad leaving her behind when we go to the beach for a 4 day trip. She loves to ride in the truck but we've never traveled far with her. Interested to see how it would go.

Sand Dollars
    I've been catching up on the posts in the forum and read all your posts OCLove. You seem like a fine addition to the forum and its always great when we get fresh, new perspectives in here. Welcome!!