+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Pet friendly advice needed for Thanksgiving weekend

It's been a few years since we've been down for Thanksgiving and we have ben discussing going back. Since the last time we were there in the off season, we acquired our worry wort/seperation anxiety/ hate the kennel dog. He travels really well and we've had no problems staying at the Windjammer on 46th street and the Barefoot mailman on 35th. However both of these are closed in the off season. The new Coastal Palms is also closed. Which leaves a few options.

First, Comfort Suites on route 50. Brand name newer hotel that looks very nice and clean but they want $35 a night for the pet. The room is around $85 for the night for 3 people. The dog's stay is more expensive but if this is all we can do then so be it. Anyone ever stay here?

Second Option, The Feniwck inn. Been past it a million times. never went in and don't know anyone who stayed there. Any opinions?

Third option is the Clarion. again $35 pet fee per night but i know someone who stayed there who said it smelled really bad and was dirsty on the pet floor. They thought it would be much nicer for the price. Thoughts?

Does anyone else know of any other places? (Not Parrot Bay, not the Safari, not any divey places please.) thanks for you help!

Sand Dollars

Re: Pet friendly advice needed for Thanksgiving weekend

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in April and was very satisfied with it. It's newer, clean, free breakfast, and it's only a stone's throw across the bridge to OC. That one gets my vote.

Sand Dollars

Thanks for answering Z.

Sand Dollars

Sis, I'm staying at the Clarion starting tonight, so I can give you my opinion on Monday. I was given a tour of it in April and liked what I saw, but then again, they aren't going to show groups the BAD rooms, right?

So I'll give you my honest, first hand opinion in a couple of days.

As for the Comfort Suites, I'm pretty sure we were in a pet room there because my hubby noticed a couple of odd stains on woodwork that I missed, but there was no smell, and I definitely would have noticed it. There is plenty of grassy area around as well, and I remember a fenced off area where the dogs can run around a bit. They also have a children's playground on site. We would stay there again.

Sand Dollars

hi Z! How was the Clarion?

Sand Dollars

SO SORRY!! I forgot.

I LOVED the Clarion. Great room, clean, clean, clean! And the pets are limited to one floor of the hotel, so I didn't have to worry about my allergies. I forgot that there were pets there until I walked into the lobby and was greeted by the biggest Great Dane I've ever seen named Mitch! lol

They have an area allotted to walk the dogs too so they can do their business.

We will definitely be staying there again and I really recommend it. If you're looking to stay INSIDE Ocean City proper........this is the way to go.

Sand Dollars

thanks Z. My mom would want to stay here rather than the comfort in because of the indoor pool. so this might be the winner if we go.

Sand Dollars

If she has sinus issues, they have a eucalyptus room that is to die for! I wish I could have brought it home with me because I really enjoyed it. Plus they have an in house restaurant, and a very nice bar area, live music, and the pool area is very nice. There are actually dressing rooms at the pool if anyone feels uncomfortable walking in the hotel in their suits or cover ups. She'll like it.

When you check in, the first doors in the front are for the ballroom. You have to go more towards the back to the hotel entrance. They do have a covered area for unloading there too. I know I posted the Thanksgiving buffet menu on this forum someplace for the Clarion and it sounds delicious.

Sand Dollars

There is a place on 127th called The Marylander (oceanside). It accepts pets in most of it's 1 bedroom condos during the offseason.

forgot..59.00 per night on weekday 89.00 per night weekend nights and a 1 time $50.00 pet fee..(NOT per night)
    Last edited by zak; 11-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Sand Dollars
    The Grand Hotel takes pets in the off season. Has anyone stayed there with their pets?