+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: 2010 Dining Report

Terp...Wrappers IS really bad....the piece of %&@% I had tasted as old as the mounted jewfish grouper at Anglers. Did you get your golf in??

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by VitiminJ

No prices this year? Thats the second way I see if we try one of your suggestions... price.
    I'll do my best here-

Captains table- $163.85

Davinci's - $127.85

Dead Freddies- $91.12

De lazy Lizard- $94.00

Micky Fins - $127.47

Pino's Pizza - $47.00

Catus Cafe - $ 70.00 (estimating)

Shark - $180.00

Sunset Grille - $154.00

Harborside - $79.00

Terp, great posting. I like the signs as well.

Sand Dollars

Dean I hope they do have oysters, if not the captain's table I am sure somewhere.

Terp, thanks for taking the time posting your review. It was fun reading with the photos. I love BBQ, and wondered about the smokers pit. The problem is I don't think about BBQ at the beach because I cook so much of it at home. In June I cooked 6 pork shoulders and 25 BBQ chicken thighs in 2 days for our relay for life team. Right now my parents and in laws are coming up and I have 3 racks of ribs and a pork shoulder on the smoker. When I hit the beach I want crabs, scallops and oysters.

I am glad people post trip reports. I always learn about new places. I wish more people posted trip reports. keep em coming please.

Sand Dollars

We're heading down again next Saturday. I'll add to mine. I'm taking my wife to the Shark. I know that.

Sand Dollars

Great reports! Dean, I'm glad you liked Cactus Cafe! It rivals TM, but it might be slightly less expensive. I try to hit both on occasion.

Sand Dollars

I'll be heading back down in 2 weeks, I'd be more than happy to give another report. Can't wait!!!

Sand Dollars

The guy at Piezano's on the boards has an awesome schtick.

We got carryout from Smoker's one day and they snuck in old cole slaw on us. The rib sandwich wasn't good, either. Unfortunately these places sometimes sneak older stuff in on to-go orders.

Sand Dollars

At Smokers, there is a sign at the "pay " window telling you to check your order- Perhaps you should do that next time. PS- i know 2 people that asked for other sides and ended up with 'slaw! bizzarrrrre.....

Sand Dollars

We were in west OC visiting in-laws and one person went to pick up a big order, so no way to check it there! Rest of the order seemed okay, they got generic stuff as mentioned above.

Sand Dollars

Last year we ordered Boog's BBQ for our Sunday meal (and therefore had it to eat the rest of the week). People recommended Smoker's, but they didn't have the combos that we wanted and Boog's did. We were happy with what we got and the prices. We ordered pulled pork, ribs, chicken and pit beef along with a variety of sides. Our only "complaint" was that some of the sides were smaller than we expected.

We had eight adults and for about $100 we had enough food to provide dinner and multiple lunches for the week. I also appreciated that they were able to work with me and do one of the chickens without sauce and split our rib order (half dry and half wet).

I called in the early afternoon. We had a short wait while they pulled everything together, but they were crazy since it was opening Sunday of the regular football season.

We plan on ordering from them again this year.